PSB claims LHC dismissed Faisal-led PFF’s petitions
KARACHI: Pakistan Sports Board (PSB) on Tuesday claimed that the Lahore High Court (LHC) had dismissed the petitions of the Faisal Saleh Hayat-led Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) in which the federation had challenged the legal status of the Board.
“The PFF led by Syed Faisal Hayat challenged the vires of Sports Development and Control Ordinance 1962, PSB Rules, National Sports Policy, working and functioning of the PSB and jurisdiction of the government of Pakistan on sports matters by filing two writ petitions in the Lahore High Court,” the PSB said in a press statement on Tuesday.
“The honourable Justice Farrukh Irfan Khan continued the hearing of the arguments of the concerned parties on different dates of hearings. The court gave great importance to this issue. The LHC dismissed the aforesaid writ petitions filed against the PSB and the government of Pakistan and upheld the stance of the PSB,” it added.
The PSB said that its legal adviser Irfanullah Khan and Muneer Paracha pursued the cases on behalf of the Board. “Now it has become clear that the PSB has the jurisdiction to run the sports affairs even in the wake of the 18th amendment,” it appended. However, a source in the PFF said that they had not received a copy of the court order. “We have applied for a copy of the court order and are waiting for it,” he said.
“If our petitions have been dismissed we will go for intra-court appeal,” the source said. The case had been filed by the PFF around three years ago when the Pakistan Olympic Association (POA) and PSB were fighting over the implementation of the national sports policy.
As per the rules of the national sports policy, presidents, secretaries and treasurers of national federations and associations cannot serve for more than two four-year tenures. In order to defend itself the PFF dissociated itself from the PSB and challenged the legality of the Board.
Cases pertaining to the PFF’s elections, its legal status and a contempt of court case against its top officials are yet to be disposed of.
-
Eric Dane's Girlfriend Janell Shirtcliff Pays Him Emotional Tribute After ALS Death -
King Charles Faces ‘stuff Of The Nightmares’ Over Jarring Issue -
Sarah Ferguson Has ‘no Remorse’ Over Jeffrey Epstein Friendship -
A$AP Rocky Throws Rihanna Surprise Birthday Dinner On Turning 38 -
Andrew Jokes In Hold As BAFTA Welcomes Prince William -
Sam Levinson Donates $27K To Eric Dane Family Fund After Actor’s Death -
Savannah Guthrie Mother Case: Police Block Activist Mom Group Efforts To Search For Missing Nancy Over Permission Row -
Dove Cameron Calls '56 Days' Casting 'Hollywood Fever Dream' -
Prince William, Kate Middleton ‘carrying Weight’ Of Reputation In Epstein Scandal -
Timothée Chalamet Compares 'Dune: Part Three' With Iconic Films 'Interstellar', 'The Dark Knight' & 'Apocalypse Now' -
Little Mix Star Leigh-Anne Pinnock Talks About Protecting Her Children From Social Media -
Ghislaine Maxwell Is ‘fall Guy’ For Jeffrey Epstein, Claims Brother -
Timothee Chalamet Rejects Fame Linked To Kardashian Reality TV World While Dating Kylie Jenner -
Sarah Chalke Recalls Backlash To 'Roseanne' Casting -
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75