Eight more fall prey to Covid-19 as 542 others test positive in Sindh
The novel coronavirus claimed eight more lives in Sindh during the last 24 hours (June 17), bringing the death toll to 5,314 in the province.
As many as 542 cases emerged when 13,970 tests were conducted in the province, said Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said in his daily Covid-19 situation report on Friday. He added that with 5,314 deaths reported in the province so far, the Covid-19 fatality rate stood at 1.6 per cent.
Currently, 19,830 people were said be infected with the coronavirus. Of them, 19,189 people were in home isolation while 27 were at isolation centres in different cities of the province. The remaining 614 were under treatment at different healthcare facilities.
As per the CM report, the highest number of people, i.e. 1,359, had died in Karachi’s District East, followed by 987 in District Central, 682 in District South, 559 in District Korangi, 433 in District West, 204 in District Malir and 330 people in District Hyderabad.
Officials said Covid deaths in other districts of the province were in double figures, while 205 deaths were under investigation. Chief Minister Shah said 13,970 samples were tested, resulting in the detection of 542 cases and constituting a 3.9 per cent detection rate.
So far, 4,354,403 tests have been conducted and 331,077 cases detected. Of them 92.4 per cent, or 305,933, of the patients had recovered, including 514 overnight. Of the 542 new cases reported on June 17, 279 were detected in Karachi -- 74 from District East, 66 from District Central, 52 from District South, 46 from District Korangi, 24 from District Malir and 17 from District West.
Badin reported 26 cases, Hyderabad 25, Thatta 18, Mirpurkhas 15, Naushehro Feroze 13, Matiari and Shaheed Benazirabad 12 each, Tharparkar 11, Dadu, Jamshoro and Qamber 10 each, Jacobabad nine, Tando Allahyar eight, Sujawal seven, Sukkur four, Kashmore three, Larkana, Shikarpur and Umerkot two each.
The chief minister urged the people of the province to follow the standard operating procedures that his government had put in place to ensure that the deadly virus was effective contained.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’