Portugal backs down on plan to welcome league football fans
By AFP
May 18, 2021
LISBON: Plans to allow some fans back into stadiums to watch the final round of the Portuguese football league on May 19 have been ditched, Liga Portugal announced Monday.
The league had planned access to stadiums limited to 10 percent capacity and exclusively reserved for fans of the home side. All fans were to have shown proof of a negative quick coronavirus test.
But the Liga said it was “impossible to prepare” a return of fans in a safe manner in such a small timeframe. All matches of the 34th and final round of games are scheduled for May 19, with kick-off times yet to be announced. Sporting Lisbon were crowned champions of Portugal for the first time in almost two decades last week.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show