Court orders confiscation of Salman Shahbaz’s properties
LAHORE: An accountability court on Friday ordered confiscation of the properties of Salman Shahbaz, son of opposition leader in National Assembly Shahbaz Sharif, in a money-laundering case.
The court also ordered initiating proceedings to declare Salman an absconder and publishing of advertisements in this regard, besides seeking a report on confiscation of his properties within a month.
Accountability Court Judge Amir Muhammad Khan passed the orders on an application by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). Earlier, NAB prosecutor submitted before the court that the Bureau issued six call-up notices to Salman but he did not join the investigations in assets beyond means and money-laundering case. He said the suspect had fled abroad and pleaded with the court for issuing directions to confiscate his property.
The court issued non-bailable warrants for Salman on August 5 and ordered his production. -APP Our Islamabad correspondent adds: Former finance minister Miftah Ismail and ex-CEO Pakistan State Oil (PSO) Sheikh Imranul Haq’s physical remand extended for 14 day in LNG import reference.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Friday produced both accused before accountability court duty judge after their physical remand time ended. During the hearing, NAB prosecutor requested the court to grant further remand of both accused, as the investigation is still going on.
He further told the court that department was going to arrest more accused in LNG import reference. Miftah Ismail’s counsel told the court that no investigation was conducted from his client in last 11 days. He said NAB had no solid ground for further remand.
He requested the court not to grant further physical remand of former finance minister Miftah Ismail. He told the court that NAB had availed itself of 22 days physical remand of his client so far.
To this NAB prosecutor requested the court to grant physical remand for one more time after this department wouldn’t request for further remand. After hearing the arguments, accountability court granted 14 days physical remand of former finance minister Miftah Ismail and ex-CEO PSO Sheikh Imranul Haq and ordered to produce them before the court on September 12.
It may be mentioned here that the NAB had also arrested former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in the same case.
In September 2018, NAB started inquiry against former PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Miftah Ismail and others for the alleged corruption in the LNG contract on the direction of the Supreme Court.
According to NAB, the contract for the LNG import and distribution was awarded to the Elengy Terminal, a subsidiary of Engro, in 2013 in violation of the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) rules and relevant laws.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show