No gas loadshedding being carried out in KP, says official
PESHAWAR: The general manager of the Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) on Friday said that no gas loadshedding was being carried out in any part of the province.
"We are not carrying out any gas loadshedding. All sectors are getting ample supply despite the fact that companies operating in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have temporarily reduced their production due to operational constraints as a result of which the consumption of the province has exceeded beyond the production," General Manager of SNGPL Arbab Saqib told reporters.
He said the gap in production and consumption was being met by diverting gas supply from the country's southern sources to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. "The SNGPL is undertaking a major infrastructure rehabilitation project of its supply mains along the route of Rapid Bus Project at a cost of Rs253 million. We are laying 27 kilometres of supply mains of various diameters to facilitate consumers in Peshawar city," he said. Arbab Saqib pointed out that a project to connect the gas-producing Karak and Kohat districts with western Peshawar city was about to complete.
"After the completion of this project, the low gas pressure problem in western parts of Peshawar would be resolved. The SNGPL has also undertaken projects for strengthening the gas supply of northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by laying a 111 kilometres transmission line from Mardan to Swat and another high pressure distribution line from Abbottabad to Mansehra," he added. About the low gas pressure issue in the industrial estate, he argued that Hayatabad Industrial Estate was at the tail end of the pipeline network.
"Despite this issue, we are supplying gas in ample quantity to the Industrial Estate during daytime. But the industrial zone is subjected to low gas supply during nighttime to avoid damage to human lives and properties in case of mishap in construction activities of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project. After completion of this project, the industrial estate would get proper pressure during nighttime," Arbab Saqib explained.
He said that seven kilometres portion in Phase-3 of BRT had been completed, starting from Hayat Avenue and terminating at Tajabad Khwar, and it would soon be commissioned. The official said construction of 12" line from Chamkani to Balahisar Fort had been started and it would further strengthen gas supply from Tarnab.
"A few pockets of low pressure exist in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa due to the use of generators and compressors for gas suction that create turbulence in our pipeline network," Arbab Saqib said. He stated that the consumers facing problems could call at helpline 1199."Our operational staff headed by an Executive Engineer (Metering Operations) Maseehullah (who can be approached at 0336-4384747) is available all the time to help resolve the low gas pressure complaints," he added.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’