Mon September 24, 2018
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
Must Read

National

November 20, 2017

Share

Advertisement

Security forces launch sanitisation operation in Quetta

QUETTA: A joint task force of various security and intelligence officials conducted a sanitisation operation in the New Pashtunabad area of Quetta on Sunday to eliminate terrorists.


Frontier Corps Sector Commander Brigadier Tasawar Sattar briefed the press on the ongoing operation on Sunday, saying that personnel from various agencies, including the Intelligence Bureau and FC, were participating in the operation.


He said a joint control room has been set up in the Mehmoodabad, BHU, adding notables of the area will accompany security forces during the search operation. He said four magistrates are also participating in the sanitisation operation. He said every search team consists of six persons, including one woman official. He said 791 security personnel including 277 police personnel including CCPO and SSP operations Quetta and other officers are taking part in the operation. He said total 120 teams have been formed.


Brigadier Tasawar Sattar said gifts would be given to children and 1,000 meal packs and hamper packs have been prepared for children. DIG Police Abdul Razzaq Cheema on the occasion said the basic purpose of the operation was to sanitise the area. At least, 3,000 houses in the area are being searched, he added. He said so far search of 500 houses had been completed. He said the operation was being carried out to encourage the people and discourage terrorists adding that the purpose of search operation is to seek support of people. He said that the operation will be completed prior to sunset.


As soon as the operation is complete, another briefing will be given, Cheema said. Two operations have already been conducted this past week, he added. He said the mobile phone service in the area would not be suspended. He said the media would be briefed after the completion of the search operation. He said terrorists attack police, FC and other law-enforcement agencies to weaken them and demoralise them so that they could easily attack the people. But security forces would not allow this. Cheema said during his 25 years service, he had only seen threats and attacks adding that the only duty of security personnel was to protect the people. He said that recently very serious incidents have occurred adding that they were making efforts to overcome these incidents.


He said there was a procedure to demand anything from the government and the government is providing all necessary resources. He said more sanitisation for Quetta has been planned.

Advertisement

Comments

Advertisement
Advertisement

Topstory

Opinion

Newspost

Editorial

National

World

Sports

Business

Karachi

Lahore

Islamabad

Peshawar