Faizabad blockade: Govt doesn’t want another Model Town-like tragedy: Ahsan
By our correspondents
November 17, 2017
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal Thursday said dialogue had been going on for the last five to six days with the participants of Tehreek Labaik Ya Rasool Allah picketing at the Faizabad Interchange but their demand that the law minister should step down could not be accepted.
The minister said this when the JI parliamentary leader Sahibzada Tariqullah raised the issue in the House.
“There are some conspirators among the sit-in protestors who want a dead body like it happened in Model Town, Lahore to create chaos but the government is not taking any administrative action against them,” he said. He asked all the religious parties to form their Jirga to negotiate with them and to tell them that their fellow citizens were suffering due to the sit-in the wiser course of action would be to vacate the place.
“If they want to continue their sit-in, then they should sit at the Parade Ground. Every Muslim has firm belief in the finality of Prophet (SAW) and no one has the right to distribute certificates of faith to others,” he said. Following his statement, Sahibzada Tariqullah asked the minister to point out the conspirators but he did not respond.
The minister said this when the JI parliamentary leader Sahibzada Tariqullah raised the issue in the House.
“There are some conspirators among the sit-in protestors who want a dead body like it happened in Model Town, Lahore to create chaos but the government is not taking any administrative action against them,” he said. He asked all the religious parties to form their Jirga to negotiate with them and to tell them that their fellow citizens were suffering due to the sit-in the wiser course of action would be to vacate the place.
“If they want to continue their sit-in, then they should sit at the Parade Ground. Every Muslim has firm belief in the finality of Prophet (SAW) and no one has the right to distribute certificates of faith to others,” he said. Following his statement, Sahibzada Tariqullah asked the minister to point out the conspirators but he did not respond.
-
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps -
Zuckerberg Denies At LA Trial That 'Instagram Targets Kids' Amid Addiction Claims -
France Sees Record 102mn International Tourists In 2025 -
Inside Jennifer Aniston's Intense Fitness Routine Ahead Of Rumoured Wedding To Jim Curtis -
Hailey Bieber Shares Health Worries After Facing Stroke And Heart Issue -
Bunnie Xo Reveals Why Jelly Roll Refused To Read Her New Memoir Until Release -
'Peaky Blinders' Shooting Site In Flames As New Movie Trailer Teases Father-son Clash