Indictment of Sharjeel, others in graft case put off till Aug 12
An accountability court (AC) once again put off the expected indictment of former provincial information minister and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader Sharejeel Inam Memon and others in a Rs5 billion corruption reference until August 12 as a co-accused failed to attend Wednesday’s hearing.
The court was informed that co-accused Sarang Chandio could not appear before the court because of the death of a family member. At the outset of the hearing, the attorney for Memon said his client was implicated in a false case. He argued that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had earlier provided six folders of documents to his client as evidence of alleged corruption but later on the NAB supplied around 44 folders.
The attorney requested the court to reject submission of additional folders by the NAB and acquit Memon. At the previous hearing on July 28, the court had to put off the hearing as another co-accused, Asim Amir Khan, failed to show up for the proceedings. The court had intended to indict Memon and other co-accused in the over Rs5 billion corruption reference but could not do so due to Khan’s absence.
Media talk
Talking to journalists after his court appearance, Memon said he was hoping that newly elected Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi would not suppress the opposition the way his predecessor, Nawaz Sharif, used to do.
Commenting on his corruption reference, Memon said it was ironic that he was accused of committing corruption of over Rs5 billion which, he argued, was not possible.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’