IHC issues contempt notice to Immigration DG, NAB director in travel ban case
Notice was issued in a case related to removal of former Malir Development Authority DG from travel restrictions list
ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has issued a contempt of court notice to the Immigration and Passports director general (DG) and the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) director for failing to comply with judicial orders.
The notice was issued on Wednesday in a case related to the removal of the former Malir Development Authority DG from the travel restrictions list.
During the hearing, Justice Babar Sattar directed both officials to submit responses explaining why contempt proceedings should not be initiated against them and why penalties should not be imposed. The officials requested additional time to file their replies. The court also issued notices to the attorney general and advocate general for assistance in the case and appointed Advocate Abdul Rahim Bhatti and Shoaib Shaheen as judicial assistants. Justice Sattar remarked that despite repeated court rulings against NAB’s recommendations for imposing travel bans, the state continues to act as it always has, adding that penalties from courts now seem to come with medals.
Notably, Justice Babar Sattar had previously sentenced Islamabad Deputy Commissioner Irfan Nawaz Memon for contempt of court. Although his sentence was suspended last year through an intra-court appeal, it has not been overturned. Recently, on March 23, Memon was awarded the Tamgha-e-Imtiaz.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show