Anti-polio drive kicks off tomorrow
LAHORE
Punjab government will hold anti-polio campaign in all 36 districts from May 23 to May 25 as part of the National Immunisation Day, said Adviser to Chief Minister on Health Khawaja Salman Rafique on Saturday.
According to a handout, Khawaja Salman Rafique said that the campaign would target 18.4 million children under five years of age in 3,550 union councils of the province. He said directives had been issued to the provincial Emergency Operation Centre to coordinate with districts and ensure complete preparations that include micro-planning, meetings of district management, vaccine supply and mapping of population at greater risk to polio virus.
Primary and Secondary Healthcare Secretary Ali Jan Khan said polio had been declared a national emergency and respective DCOs were leading polio eradication efforts at the district level.
He said that over 43,000 teams had been constituted for the campaign, which included more than 36,000 mobile and 4,340 stationary teams. He also directed the staff concerned to ensure preparatory activities in line with National Emergency Plan for Polio Eradication.
Health Services Punjab Director General Dr Mukhtar Hussain Syed said, “We have identified weak union councils needing major improvement. The health EDOs of these districts have been directed to especially monitor these union councils.” “The movement of the population at inter-provincial borders, especially from the areas having polio virus circulation, is also under special focus,” he said. Southern districts in general will be monitored as part of larger central Pakistan strategy, he added
EOC Coordinator Dr Munir Ahmed requested parents to ensure their children get polio drops. He said parents could contact the helpline 0800 99000 during campaign days if the teams did not visit their area.
constituency: Provincial Minister for Food Bilal Yasin has said that all possible resources are being utilised to solve the problems of PP-139 constituency, Lahore.
The minister said that PP-139 constituency would be made a model with regard to facilities, and genuine problems of the people will be solved immediately.
According to a handout issued on Saturday, the minister said this while addressing an open court at his election office at Mohni Road.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’