After CHK, JPMC’s records also sought by ACE
Karachi Following a raid at the Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK) only last week, officials of the Sindh Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE), on Monday asked Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre’s (JMPC) Executive Director Dr Anisuddin Bhatti to hand over the facility’s financial records. Through an official letter, procurements made in 2014-15, cashbooks, bills,
By M. Waqar Bhatti
October 06, 2015
Karachi
Following a raid at the Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK) only last week, officials of the Sindh Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE), on Monday asked Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre’s (JMPC) Executive Director Dr Anisuddin Bhatti to hand over the facility’s financial records.
Through an official letter, procurements made in 2014-15, cashbooks, bills, receipts, stock registers and other relevant documents were among several demanded to be handed over to the agency.
Dr Bhatti was also directed to ask the hospital’s head clerk, accountant and the medical store’s in-charge to appear before the ACE and get their statements recorded.
Sources in the provincial government said the provincial investigative agency, after having acquired the approval of the competent authority, was acting on complaints of corruption filed with it; it has launched separate probes against the administrations of both the CHK and the JPMC.
JPMC Deputy Director Dr Javed Jamali also confirmed of a letter being sent to the JPMC’s administration, however, he called it a matter of routine, adding that “such letters were being written to health institutions all over the province.”
“All the procurements are done by the Singh government’s Central Purchase Department, we don’t purchase any drugs or medicines, however, we do maintain a record,” Dr Jamali maintained. He assured of sharing the documents with the authorities.
He claimed that Dr Bhatti and the JPMC’s administration had recently assumed charge and could not be blamed for what had occurred in the past.
The ACE was the second investigative agency to be looking into alleged embezzlements and corruption at the JPMC after the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had raided the administrative offices of the health facility last month, besides also taking into custody several important documents and records, specially related to procurements and appointments of post-graduate trainees.
The CHK and the JPMC were among the two largest public sector medical facilities, however, complaints regarding administrative mismanagement and financial corruptions at the hospitals had time and again surfaced.
In the CHK raid, a 12-member team headed by ACE Deputy Director Tariq Qureshi and judicial magistrate Syed Nadeem Jaffri had gone through the administration block and pharmacy among other sections of the hospital and seized procurement records of medical supplies, dating back to at least five years, as well as Zakat fund.
CHK acting medical superintendent Dr Abdul Qadir while confirming the raid had said all records asked for by the officials were handed over.
Following a raid at the Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK) only last week, officials of the Sindh Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE), on Monday asked Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre’s (JMPC) Executive Director Dr Anisuddin Bhatti to hand over the facility’s financial records.
Through an official letter, procurements made in 2014-15, cashbooks, bills, receipts, stock registers and other relevant documents were among several demanded to be handed over to the agency.
Dr Bhatti was also directed to ask the hospital’s head clerk, accountant and the medical store’s in-charge to appear before the ACE and get their statements recorded.
Sources in the provincial government said the provincial investigative agency, after having acquired the approval of the competent authority, was acting on complaints of corruption filed with it; it has launched separate probes against the administrations of both the CHK and the JPMC.
JPMC Deputy Director Dr Javed Jamali also confirmed of a letter being sent to the JPMC’s administration, however, he called it a matter of routine, adding that “such letters were being written to health institutions all over the province.”
“All the procurements are done by the Singh government’s Central Purchase Department, we don’t purchase any drugs or medicines, however, we do maintain a record,” Dr Jamali maintained. He assured of sharing the documents with the authorities.
He claimed that Dr Bhatti and the JPMC’s administration had recently assumed charge and could not be blamed for what had occurred in the past.
The ACE was the second investigative agency to be looking into alleged embezzlements and corruption at the JPMC after the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had raided the administrative offices of the health facility last month, besides also taking into custody several important documents and records, specially related to procurements and appointments of post-graduate trainees.
The CHK and the JPMC were among the two largest public sector medical facilities, however, complaints regarding administrative mismanagement and financial corruptions at the hospitals had time and again surfaced.
In the CHK raid, a 12-member team headed by ACE Deputy Director Tariq Qureshi and judicial magistrate Syed Nadeem Jaffri had gone through the administration block and pharmacy among other sections of the hospital and seized procurement records of medical supplies, dating back to at least five years, as well as Zakat fund.
CHK acting medical superintendent Dr Abdul Qadir while confirming the raid had said all records asked for by the officials were handed over.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show