Post-quake relief work yet to start in Lower Dir
TIMERGARA: Relief work in most quake-affected areas of Lower Dir district could not start even after six days of the calamity apparently due to lack of coordination among various government agencies.Dalgram is the most congested village in tehsil Lal Qilla Maidan where the devastating earthquake has played havoc and more
By our correspondents
November 02, 2015
TIMERGARA: Relief work in most quake-affected areas of Lower Dir district could not start even after six days of the calamity apparently due to lack of coordination among various government agencies.
Dalgram is the most congested village in tehsil Lal Qilla Maidan where the devastating earthquake has played havoc and more than 50 houses have been damaged but relief work is yet to start there. The house of Aminullah in Dalgram Maidan was completely destroyed in the earthquake and he has to live in a tent along with his family.
Zamin Gul, Khan Zada and Asil Zada, residents of the same village, told The News by phone that their houses were severely damaged by the earthquake. They had submitted applications to the district administration for relief but so far the relief work could not start in their village despite a lapse of a week. They demanded the district administration, Pakistan Army and aide organisations to start relief work in Dalgram village as the affected people were compelled to live in the open amid chilly weather.
Criticising the provincial government after visiting the far-flung Babakray village in Khal tehsilon Sunday, Awami National Party leader Zahid Khan told The News that a total of 36 houses were severely damaged by the earthquake but no relief package had so far been provided to the residents as yet.
Zahid Khan said the claims of provincial government and district administration regarding the provision of relief package to the earthquake victims in Lower Dir were baseless. He added that the affectees including women and children along with their cattle had to live in the open. He said hundreds of houses in villages of Balambat had been completely damaged, including Babakray, Ghwago, Safaray, Bakana, Shahtut, Dhanda, Dogai and Barghwalay and the inmates were compelled to live in the open. H said that if they were immediately not provided with tents, blankets, food and other relief, it could turn into another tragedy.
Dalgram is the most congested village in tehsil Lal Qilla Maidan where the devastating earthquake has played havoc and more than 50 houses have been damaged but relief work is yet to start there. The house of Aminullah in Dalgram Maidan was completely destroyed in the earthquake and he has to live in a tent along with his family.
Zamin Gul, Khan Zada and Asil Zada, residents of the same village, told The News by phone that their houses were severely damaged by the earthquake. They had submitted applications to the district administration for relief but so far the relief work could not start in their village despite a lapse of a week. They demanded the district administration, Pakistan Army and aide organisations to start relief work in Dalgram village as the affected people were compelled to live in the open amid chilly weather.
Criticising the provincial government after visiting the far-flung Babakray village in Khal tehsilon Sunday, Awami National Party leader Zahid Khan told The News that a total of 36 houses were severely damaged by the earthquake but no relief package had so far been provided to the residents as yet.
Zahid Khan said the claims of provincial government and district administration regarding the provision of relief package to the earthquake victims in Lower Dir were baseless. He added that the affectees including women and children along with their cattle had to live in the open. He said hundreds of houses in villages of Balambat had been completely damaged, including Babakray, Ghwago, Safaray, Bakana, Shahtut, Dhanda, Dogai and Barghwalay and the inmates were compelled to live in the open. H said that if they were immediately not provided with tents, blankets, food and other relief, it could turn into another tragedy.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’