Erdogan, Trump agree case must be scrutinised
ANKARA: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his US counterpart Donald Trump agreed on Nov 16 that no cover up of journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s murder should be allowed, a Turkish presidential source said after a phone call between the two leaders.
“Both leaders agreed to shed light on the Jamal Khashoggi murder in all its aspects and that any cover up of the incident should not be allowed,” the source told AFP.
Khashoggi, a frequent contributor to The Washington Post, was killed on Oct. 2 inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.
After weeks of denying any involvement in the crime, Saudi Arabia later admitted that Khashoggi had been killed inside the consulate but claimed the Saudi royal family had no prior knowledge about any murder plot.
According to the statement published by the state-run Anadolu Agency on November 16, the two presidents also discussed ongoing investigations into the activities of FETÖ in the US. Erdogan also offered his condolences to Trump for the loss of lives in the California wildfire.
The two leaders also welcomed the start of joint patrols by Turkish and the US troops within the framework of the Manbij roadmap in northwestern Syria and addressed the completion of the process without further delay.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals