KP govt withdraws inquiry against doctor who wore plastic bag
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on Sunday announced that it was withdrawing an inquiry against a doctor who wore a plastic bag over his head to register a protest against shortage of face masks.
KP health minister Taimur Jhagra said that he was taking back the inquiry against the doctors as it would “send the wrong message”, Geo News reported.
“1. W.r.t. Dr. Amir of Swabi, who posted a video treating a patient dressed in plastic bags rather than PPE; I’m instructing Health Dept KP to withdraw the inquiry report calling for disciplinary action. At this point our first priority is the moral of our doctors. However let me state categorically that I have no reason to disbelieve the local administration; their inquiry finds that the gentleman faked the consultation, which would be an extremely irresponsible act. Having talked to the Commissioner, DHO & MS, all are working hard,” he said.
The inquiry report stated that Dr Amir had confessed that he had recorded the video in which he wore the plastic bag deliberately as the hospital had turned down his request for transfer.
The report further said that 150 face masks and 300 gloves had been provided to the hospital on March 24.
The report had called for strict disciplinary action against the doctor for “gross negligence, demoralising health care staff and defaming the health department.”
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again