Tuesday August 16, 2022

Man appeals to govt for land retrieval

By Our Correspondent
June 15, 2021

MANSEHRA: A local resident, whose land was allegedly occupied by the Communication and Works Department, has demanded of the prime minister and KP chief minister to help him retrieve his property from the department.

“My father had bought one kanal piece of land on the money that he had received upon his retirement but the Communication and Works Department illegally occupied the land and built its offices on it,” Shakeel Hussain Shah, a resident of Safada area, told a news conference here on Monday.

He said that he had petitioned the Supreme Court, which in its judgment in 2018 directed the chief engineer of the department to vacate the land but to no avail.“My father had retired from the Police Department as SHO and bought this piece of land but died during the course of litigation while this land is still under the illegal occupation of the Communication and Works Department despite the apex court’s judgment in our favour,” said Hussain Shah.