Two arrested over beach hut attacks
LONDON: A second teenager has been arrested in connection with a spate of burglaries and arson attacks on some of the most expensive beach huts in the UK.
Three beach huts were set alight and a further 30 were broken into during an incident at Hengistbury Head, Dorset, in the early hours of Saturday. There was nobody inside any of the buildings and no-one was injured during the incident.
Dorset Police said a 19-year-old man from Christchurch has been arrested on suspicion of arson and burglary and is currently assisting detectives with their inquiries.
Meanwhile, a 15-year-old boy from Bournemouth, who was previously arrested on suspicion of arson and burglary, has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Detective Inspector Andrew Kennard, of Bournemouth CID, said: “Our investigation into this incident remains ongoing and I am still keen to hear from anyone who was in the area and witnessed what happened.
“If you have any information that may assist my investigation and have not yet spoken to police, please get in touch. We are continuing to work with Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council to identify the owners of all the beach huts involved in this incident.
“I would like to renew my appeal to anyone who owns a beach hut that has been affected and has not yet been contacted by either the council or the police to get in touch.”
The beach huts, which have spectacular views of the Dorset coastline, regularly fetch up to £300,000 when they are sold.
-
Timothée Chalamet Reveals Rare Impact Of Not Attending Acting School On Career -
Liza Minnelli Gets Candid About Her Struggles With Substance Abuse Post Death Of Mum Judy Garland -
'Saturday Night Live' Star Will Forte Reveals How He Feels About Returning To The Show After 2010 Exit -
Police Officer Arrested Over Alleged Assault Hours After Oath-taking -
Prince William Issues 'ultimatum' To Queen Camilla As Monarchy Is In 'delicate Phase' -
Maxwell Seeks To Block Further Release Of Epstein Files, Calls Law ‘unconstitutional’ -
Winter Olympics 2026: Remembering The Most Unforgettable, Heartwarming Stories -
King Charles Hands All Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Records And Files To Police: Report -
Eric Dane's Family Shares Heartbreaking Statement After His Death -
Samsung Brings Perplexity AI To Galaxy S26 With ‘Hey Plex’ Voice Command -
Fergie’s Spent £13,000 A Day Since Andrew’s Troubles Started: Here’s Where She Fled -
Eric Dane's Death Becomes Symbol Of ALS Awareness -
Michael B. Jordan Gives Credit To 'All My Children' For Shaping His Career: 'That Was My Education' -
Sun Appears Spotless For First Time In Four Years, Scientists Report -
Bella Hadid Opens Up About 'invisible Illness' -
Lawyer Of Epstein Victims Speaks Out Directly To King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton