COVID-19 claims 3 more lives in Rawalpindi taking death toll to 12
Rawalpindi : Coronavirus illness, COVID-19 claimed another three lives here in the district at Corona Management Centre in Rawalpindi Institute of Urology (RIU) in last 24 hours taking total number of deaths so far caused by the illness to 12 in Rawalpindi district while at least three confirmed patients have already lost their lives due to the disease in the federal capital.
Data collected by ‘The News’ on Wednesday reveals that all the three patients died of COVID-19 in the district in last 24 hours were males having over 60 years of age. One of the patients was a resident of Murree while another was from Rawal Town and the third was from ‘Tableeghi Jamaat’ having residence in the twin cities.
All the three patients died in last 24 hours were confirmed positive for COVID-19 and had been undergoing treatment at the CMC in RIU, said Executive District Officer (Health) Rawalpindi Dr. Sohail Ahmed Chaudhary while talking to ‘The News’ on Wednesday.
He added that another 17 patients have been tested positive for COVID-19 in last 24 hours that has taken the total number of patients confirmed positive from the district to 242 while to date, a total of 63 patients have been discharged after treatment. As many as 12 patients have so far died of the disease in the district including the three patients died in last 24 hours at RIU, he said.
At present, a total of 167 confirmed patients have been undergoing treatment at hospitals in Rawalpindi. Majority of the patients are undergoing treatment at CMC in RIU and Benazir Bhutto Hospital, he said.
He added that as many as 32 persons belonging to ‘Tableeghi Jammat’ have been under quarantine at Zakariya Masjid in Westridge Rawalpindi while of a total of 105 persons belonging to ‘Jamaat’ who are under quarantine, as many as 32 have already been confirmed positive for COVID-19.
Of another 148 persons who were put under quarantine at homes in the district, 12 have been tested positive so far. All these 148 persons are contacts of the persons from ‘Tableeghi Jamaat’ and now 136 of them are under quarantine, he explained. He added another 11 persons are under quarantine at the quarantine facility while 227 persons who reached Pakistan from UAE are still under quarantine at Fatima Jinnah Women University and two local hotels in Saddar area.
According to details, a total of 479 persons have been under quarantine in the district on Wednesday while 44 who were under quarantine have already been tested positive.
Meanwhile, in the federal capital, as many as nine more patients have been confirmed positive for COVID-19 taking total number of confirmed patients belonging to Islamabad Capital Territory to 194 of which 26 have recovered while three lost their lives due to the disease. The number of active cases of the coronavirus illness in ICT on Wednesday was 165 according to the official figure released by the National Command and Operation Centre.
It is important that to date, a total of 436 patients have been tested positive for COVID-19 in the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi of which at least 15 have lost their lives while 89 have recovered. On Wednesday, 332 confirmed patients were undergoing treatment in the twin cities as active cases.
-
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps