PM assures CM work on Hyderabad-Sukkur Motorway to begin soon

By Our Correspondent
April 10, 2025
This combo of images shows, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif (L) and Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah (R). — APP/X@SindhCMHouse/File
This combo of images shows, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif (L) and Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah (R). — APP/X@SindhCMHouse/File

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has sent a letter to Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on the lingering dispute between the centre and the province concerning the delayed project of the Hyderabad-Sukkur Motorway.

It has been learnt that the PM assured the CM in his letter that he had been taking personal interest and giving attention to ensure the construction of the project without any further delay.

The PM further assured the CM that the Hyderabad-Sukkur Motorway project would soon be made part of the Public Sector Development Programme. He told Shah that the government had plans to build the said section of the motorway under a public-private partnership mode of development, but this idea didn't materialise. Acknowledging the reservations of the Sindh government, the PM said the construction of the motorway would soon begin.