Positions of militants hit in Tirah Valley
11 militants, reportedly linked to banned TTP's Hafiz Gul Bahadur Group, were killed during operation
LANDIKOTAL: Security forces launched a coordinated operation against militants in the Khyber district, official sources said on Tuesday.
They said the operation was centered in the Tirah Valley, specifically targeting militant strongholds in areas such as Pir Mela, Zara Pakh, Maidan and surrounding areas.
According to security sources, 11 militants, all reportedly linked to the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan’s (TTP) Hafiz Gul Bahadur Group, were killed during the operation.
Among the deceased, five bodies were recovered during a clearance sweep in Pir Mela and identified as Riaz, Farman, Qureshi and Fatah. The officials said one body remained unidentified.
They said the security forces successfully cleared and regained control of five hilltops that were previously under militant control.
The officials said the 5th Baloch Regiment of the security forces was involved in the operation, using advanced methods, including drone strikes to target militant hideouts and disrupt their operational capabilities.
Security forces destroyed several militant hideouts and logistic centres, significantly weakening the group’s foothold in the region.
The use of drones added precision to the strikes, ensuring minimal collateral damage while achieving strategic objectives.
“This operation is part of a broader strategy approved during the recent Provincial Apex Committee meeting to counter the escalating militant threat in the region”, said an official.
He added that the ongoing offensive was the extensive and impactful action taken against militants in recent years.
On the other hand, the deteriorating security situation and ongoing military action forced thousands of residents from conflict-hit areas to flee their homes.
Over the past 48 hours, more than 4,000 individuals, primarily women and children, reportedly migrated to safer locations.
Local authorities were coordinating with humanitarian organizations to provide temporary shelter, food and medical assistance to the displaced families.
The security forces pledged to continue the operation until the militant networks were dismantled and the region fully cleared.
Authorities urged residents to cooperate with security forces and report any suspicious activities to expedite the clearance process.
Meanwhile, the government was monitoring the humanitarian crisis arising from the displacement and planning relief measures for the affected population.
-
Prince William, Kate Middleton Camp Reacts To Meghan's Friend Remarks On Harry 'secret Olive Branch' -
Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About 'The Wizard Of Oz' Offer -
Channing Tatum Reacts To UK's Action Against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Brooke Candy Announces Divorce From Kyle England After Seven Years Of Marriage -
Piers Morgan Makes Meaningful Plea To King Charles After Andrew Arrest -
Sir Elton John Details Struggle With Loss Of Vision: 'I Can't See' -
Epstein Estate To Pay $35M To Victims In Major Class Action Settlement -
Virginia Giuffre’s Brother Speaks Directly To King Charles In An Emotional Message About Andrew -
Reddit Tests AI-powered Shopping Results In Search -
Winter Olympics 2026: Everything To Know About The USA Vs Slovakia Men’s Hockey Game Today -
'Euphoria' Star Eric Made Deliberate Decision To Go Public With His ALS Diagnosis: 'Life Isn't About Me Anymore' -
Toy Story 5 Trailer Out: Woody And Buzz Faces Digital Age -
Andrew’s Predicament Grows As Royal Lodge Lands In The Middle Of The Epstein Investigation -
Rebecca Gayheart Unveils What Actually Happened When Ex-husband Eric Dane Called Her To Reveal His ALS Diagnosis -
What We Know About Chris Cornell's Final Hours -
Scientists Uncover Surprising Link Between 2.7 Million-year-old Climate Tipping Point & Human Evolution