Efforts pledged to secure electricity at concessional rate
SWABI: Leaders of political parties, traders and members of the civil society on Sunday announced to support the Swabi Action Committee’s initiatives to secure electricity for consumers at concessional rate.
Speaking at a gathering, former parliamentarians and district heads of Pakistan People’s Party Qaumi Watan Party, Awami National Party, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam- Nazriyati, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf, Pakistan Workers Party, Pashtun Tahafuz Movement, Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party and Jamaat-i-Islami along with traders and industrialists said that they would fully back the Swabi Action Committee’s resolve to achieve the objectives of provision of electricity to the district consumers on concession price.
The meeting of the political parties, the business community, local jirga members, youth organisations, lawyers, Swabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and various other organizations and groups were held at the residence of former MNA, Usman Khan Tarakai, Tehsil Razaar.
Salim Khan advocate, the SAC prominent leader and former provincial general secretary of ANP said that the time had come that they should unite and fight together for a single goal: the provision of power at a concession price to the people.
It was announced that 200,000 people would be registered under a campaign to march on the Tarbela Dam Power House. “The date for the march will be announced in an opportune time,” said Salim Khan.
The meeting also decided to make a charter of demands and bring it into the notice of Peshawar Electric Supply Company and officials of the district administration. It demanded immediate withdrawal of the FIRs filed against those who have not paid the power bills till September 10.
“We will stage a sit-in outside the offices of officials of district administration and Pesco,” said Salim Khan.It is pertinent to mention that two other bodies in the district also continued to struggle for the provision of power on concession. Da Haq Awaz had already announced to march on the Tarbela Dam Powerhouse on Sept 16.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final