Fawad foresees govt downfall before May
Chaudhry also commented on Shehbaz Sharif’s call for reconciliation, terming it mere hypocrisy
ISLAMABAD: Former federal minister Fawad Chaudhry cast doubt on the longevity of the present government, foreseeing its potential downfall before May.
“In politics, there’s no guarantee of a full five-year term for governments,” remarked Chaudhry while conversing informally with journalists in a courtroom on Saturday. Highlighting the political significance of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, he emphasised its pivotal role in Pakistan’s formation, asserting that toppling the current government would be crucial for the province.
“If Maulana Fazlur Rehman decides to march, the government will be ousted,” he added.
Chaudhry also commented on Shehbaz Sharif’s call for reconciliation, terming it mere hypocrisy.
“Release the thousands of workers first, then talk about reconciliation,” he urged.
Labelling the current government as essentially PDM-2, he opined that even with a new administration, the country’s situation would remain stagnant, with the people on one side and the government on the other.
“Until Imran Khan and the Pakistan Tehreek Insaf are involved in the process, there won’t be any improvement,” he asserted. He said that they had been scared since the day Imran Khan said Article 6 would be applied to the election commission, adding that the legislation for Form 45 was initiated by Shaheed Benazir Bhutto, and Imran Khan has stressed its importance.
He further claimed that the entire world, including Australia, America, and Britain, had raised questions about the recent elections, suggesting that they would be remembered akin to those during Ayub Khan’s era in 1965.
Meanwhile, the hearing of the fraud case against Fawad Chaudhry was adjourned by Judicial Magistrate Dr. Sohail Thahim until March 30, with arguments on the plea of acquittal scheduled for that date. During the hearing, Fawad Chaudhry’s lawyer, Qaiser Imam, appeared before the court.
Fawad Chaudhry was brought to court after the completion of his judicial remand, which was extended by the court. The court indicated that Fawad Chaudhry’s indictment would be filed at the next hearing.
The lawyer argued for Chaudhry’s acquittal, contending that no indictment could be filed in this case, and no section of the Pakistan Penal Code applied. The court instructed the lawyer to file the request and provide arguments, subsequently scheduling the next hearing for March 30.
-
Sterling K. Brown's Wife Ryan Michelle Bathe Reveals Initial Hesitation Before Taking On New Role -
BAFTA Film Awards Winners: Complete List Of Winners Updating -
Millie Bobby Brown On Her Desire To Have A Big Brood With Husband Jake Bongiovi -
Biographer Exposes Aftermath Of Meghan Markle’s Emotional Breakdown -
Backstreet Boys Admit Aging Changed Everything Before Shows -
Ryan Coogler Makes Rare Statements About His Impact On 'Black Cinema' -
Rising Energy Costs Put UK Manufacturing Competitiveness At Risk, Industry Groups Warn -
Kate Middleton Makes Glitzy Return To BAFTAs After Cancer Diagnosis -
NFL Star Rondale Moore Dies Aged 25, Minnesota Vikings Pay Tribute -
Kim Kardashian Makes Huge Career Move Weeks After Going Public With Lewis Hamilton -
Shia LaBeouf Draws Attention For Sweet Reason After Spending Time In Jail Over Brawl Incident Amid Mardi Gras Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice Receive Strong Warning After Andrew Arrest: 'Zero Tolerance' -
Rihanna 38th Birthday Detail Breaks The Internet, Featuring Unexpected Huge Item -
Liza Minnelli Recalls Rare Backstage Memory With Mum Judy Garland In New Memoir -
Armed Intruder Shot Dead At Trump's Mar-a-Lago Residence: US Secret Service -
Total Lunar Eclipse: What You Need To Know And Where To Watch