Stranger Things actor David Harbour said he thought the show would be a ‘disaster’.
During his appearance on The One Show, the star recalled that he, alongside crew members, thought people wouldn’t watch the series.
"I remember when we were shooting the first season. We were down in Atlanta, Netflix had given us a budget of about $20 and we thought…
"Halfway through, I remember my hair person coming up to me, about episode 4 we were shooting, and she said, 'I don't think it's going to work'.
"So by the time we wrapped, I thought we wouldn't get a second season, we'd be the first Netflix show ever to never get a second season. We thought no one would watch it, it was going to be a disaster."
Meanwhile, Natalia Dyer also told The Independent, “Nobody knew if it was going to get picked up again after we finished filming season one.”
“There was really an air of, 'We might never see each other again'."
"No one had any idea how successful the show would be," she continued. "There was no preparation – there couldn't have been, even if we'd known. It was a surprising and overwhelming shock. Then it was like, 'OK, this is how it is now'."
Kanye West pushed back against bullies to embrace his real identity
'Spacemen' starring Adam Sandler and Carey Mulligan will hit Netflix screens on March 1
Zayn Malik first teased his upcoming record last year, admitting that it’s a ‘different sound’ for him
'Oppenheimer' bags more than 10 nods in Oscars
Princess Kate's first picture with major health update soon to be released
Physical: 100 Season 2 - Underground is set to be release on Netflix on March 19, 2024