Inside Prince Harry's settlement with UK media group
Prince Harry takes major U-turn as he settles case with British media group
Prince Harry, who has finally settled his case with the British publisher, has reportedly received an unequivocal apology from News Group Newspapers (NGN), according to a new report.
A source from the Duke of Sussex's team has said regarding NGN's statement: "The apology provides all the insight you need".
Harry and Lord Tom Watson settlement with the media group was announced on Wednesday.
The media group was "surprised by the serious approach by Harry for settlement in recent days," a separate source has told BBC News.
However, some royal commentators and fans believe Harry may face backlash for his major U-turn as the Duke previously publicly indicated that he was against settling the case with NGN.
The apology in full says: "NGN offers a full and unequivocal apology to the Duke of Sussex for the serious intrusion by The Sun between 1996 and 2011 into his private life, including incidents of unlawful activities carried out by private investigators working for The Sun.
"NGN also offers a full and unequivocal apology to the Duke of Sussex for the phone hacking, surveillance and misuse of private information by journalists and private investigators instructed by them at the News of the World.
"NGN further apologises to the Duke for the impact on him of the extensive coverage and serious intrusion into his private life as well as the private life of Diana, Princess of Wales, his late mother, in particular during his younger years.
"We acknowledge and apologise for the distress caused to the Duke, and the damage inflicted on relationships, friendships and family, and have agreed to pay him substantial damages.
"It is also acknowledged, without any admission of illegality, that NGN's response to the 2006 arrests and subsequent actions were regrettable.
"NGN also offers a full and unequivocal apology to Lord Watson for the unwarranted intrusion carried out into his private life during his time in Government by the News of the World during the period 2009- 2011.
"This includes him being placed under surveillance in 2009 by journalists at the News of the World and those instructed by them.
"NGN also acknowledges and apologises for the adverse impact this had on Lord Watson's family and has agreed to pay him substantial damages."
"We now understand that this information was false, and Lord Watson was not in receipt of any such confidential information. NGN apologises fully and unequivocally for this."
-
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi reveals stage 1 cervical cancer diagnosis
-
Timothee Chalamet admits he was 'grumpy' before beau Kylie Jenner's unexpected move
-
Hilary Duff’s son roasts her outfit in new album interview
-
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form part ways after 3 years of marriage
-
Avan Jogia says life with fiancee Halsey feels like 'coming home'
-
Taylor Swift made sure Jodie Turner-Smith's little girl had a special day on 'Opalite' music video set
-
Eric Dane says touching goodbye to daughters Billie and Georgia in new Netflix documentary
-
Channing Tatum reveals what he told daughter after violent incident at school