Jeffrey Dahmer's dad to take legal action against Netflix for 'glorifying' his son
Lionel Dahmer to sue Netflix for glamourizing his son in 'Dahmer - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story'
Netflix crime series Dahmer - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story has been facing backlash since its release for various reasons, Jeffrey’s dad Lionel Dahmer is willing to sue the streaming platform.
As reported by New York Post, Lionel Dahmer, 86, is seemingly upset that he was never approached by Netflix regarding popular series which was released in September.
The culprit’s father was also displeased that the platform never asked for his permission to use tape recordings from his son’s legal team.
The tapes were used in another Jeffrey Dahmer docuseries, Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes, which was released earlier this month.
Lionel Dahmer has been living quietly in rural Ohio and he has refused to speak since the release of the Netflix series, but is reportedly a “nervous wreck” as his son’s fans have showed up at his place, the report said.
The caretaker for Lionel told the outlet that “from everything that I’ve seen and witnessed personally, Lionel was not contacted about either of these shows on Netflix.
“I’ve personally talked to a few lawyers and we’ve talked to his publisher about it too due to all the chaos that is going on and the stories we’ve seen,” he said.
“Lionel and his power of attorney are gathering information and looking at a possible lawsuit against the production team or possibly Netflix,” adding that “There was zero care whatsoever about Lionel’s wellbeing.” He added.
Lionel Dahmer was previously in the spotlight after his son was arrested in 1991 for the heinous murders.
-
Jacob Elordi talks about filming steamy scenes with Margot Robbie in 'Wuthering Heights'
-
'Grief is cruel': Kelly Osbourne offers glimpse into hidden pain over rockstar father Ozzy death
-
Timothée Chalamet reveals rare impact of not attending acting school on career
-
Liza Minnelli gets candid about her struggles with substance abuse post death of mum Judy Garland
-
'Saturday Night Live' star Will Forte reveals how he feels about returning to the show after 2010 exit
-
Eric Dane's family shares heartbreaking statement after his death
-
'Never Have I Ever' star Maitreyi Ramakrishnan lifts the lid on how she avoids drama at coffee shops due to her name
-
Chyler Leigh pays moving homage to 'Grey’s Anatomy' co-star Eric Dane: 'He was amazing'