Court seeks documents of train project 

By our correspondents
April 27, 2016

LAHORE

The Lahore High Court sought documents from Punjab Mass Transit Authority, Lahore Development Authority and others in petitions challenging construction of Orange Line Train Project and adjourned hearing until April 27 (today). 

A division bench headed by Justice Abid Aziz Sheikh heard the case. During the hearing, the petitioners’ counsel stated that the orange line project was initiated without proper planning and it was damaging cultural landscape. The government’s lawyer said that it was properly planned and was of public welfare. He said people were paid compensation and there was no threat to historical sites.

The arguments continued as the court adjourned hearing. In September last year, the court stayed construction of the project at 11 historical monuments of the provincial metropolis.