Businessman ‘linked to Al Qaeda’ missing since Feb, SHC told
The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Monday directed the federal and provincial law officers, the Rangers director general, the provincial police chief and others to file comments on a petition against the alleged enforced disappearance of a businessman suspected to have links with Al Qaeda.
Asma Parekh said in her petition that personnel of the law enforcement agencies had raided their house in PECHS on February 28 and taken her son Umar Khalid away, adding that her husband Khalid Mukashi has also not returned home since then.
The petitioner said the law enforcers had told her that her son would be released after her husband appears before them. However, she said, her husband has not returned home in nine months.
Asma said the Ministry of Interior placed her husband’s name on the exit control list on September 12 after blocking his passport, national identity card and bank accounts, adding that she recently became aware of the unverified media reports about her husband’s alleged link with Al Qaeda.
She rejected the claim that her husband was involved in any criminal activity, saying that her spouse was a businessman and had nothing to do with any banned outfit. She said the law enforcement agencies have been harassing her family and visiting her workplace.
The petitioner said that spreading baseless news about her husband’s association with Al Qaeda is a danger to his life. She requested that the SHC direct the law enforcers to produce the missing persons in court and provide the details of any charges against them.
After the preliminary hearing of the petition, the SHC’s division bench headed by Justice Naimatullah Phulpoto issued notices to the federal and provincial law officers, the Rangers DG, the IGP and others, calling for them to file their comments on January 16.
Lyari gang war
The same bench also directed the federal and provincial law officers to file comments on a petition against alleged illegal detention of a businessman for his suspected links to the Lyari gang war.
Husan Bano said in her petition that her son Suhail Hasan was a businessman who was illegally detained by personnel of the law enforcement agencies on his way home from Gwadar.
She claimed that her son has been falsely linked to the Lyari gang war and that he has nothing to do with any criminal activity. She requested that the SHC direct the police and other law enforcement agencies to produce the detainee in court and provide the details of any charges against him.
-
Epstein Estate To Pay $35M To Victims In Major Class Action Settlement -
Virginia Giuffre’s Brother Speaks Directly To King Charles In An Emotional Message About Andrew -
Reddit Tests AI-powered Shopping Results In Search -
Winter Olympics 2026: Everything To Know About The USA Vs Slovakia Men’s Hockey Game Today -
'Euphoria' Star Eric Made Deliberate Decision To Go Public With His ALS Diagnosis: 'Life Isn't About Me Anymore' -
Toy Story 5 Trailer Out: Woody And Buzz Faces Digital Age -
Andrew’s Predicament Grows As Royal Lodge Lands In The Middle Of The Epstein Investigation -
Rebecca Gayheart Unveils What Actually Happened When Ex-husband Eric Dane Called Her To Reveal His ALS Diagnosis -
What We Know About Chris Cornell's Final Hours -
Scientists Uncover Surprising Link Between 2.7 Million-year-old Climate Tipping Point & Human Evolution -
NASA Takes Next Step Towards Moon Mission As Artemis II Moves To Launch Pad Operations Following Successful Fuel Test -
GTA 6 Price Leaked Online Ahead Of Rockstar Announcement -
Google AI Overviews And Mental Health: Why Experts Say It’s ‘very Dangerous’ -
Eric Dane Got Honest About His Struggle With ALS In Final Public Appearance: 'No Reason To Be In A Good Spirit' -
Prince Harry Issues A Statement For His 'incredible' WellChild Children -
5 Famous Celebrities Who Beat Cancer