Names of Baldia factory fire suspects put on ECL
KarachiThe interior ministry on Thursday placed the names of six accused of the Baldia factory fire in the Exit Control List (ECL) on Thursday to prevent them from fleeing the country.The accused are Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s Karachi Tanzeemi Committee’s (KTC) former incharge Hammad Siddiqui, Javed Shakeel, Muhammad Rizwan Qureshi, Abdur
By our correspondents
February 20, 2015
Karachi
The interior ministry on Thursday placed the names of six accused of the Baldia factory fire in the Exit Control List (ECL) on Thursday to prevent them from fleeing the country.
The accused are Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s Karachi Tanzeemi Committee’s (KTC) former incharge Hammad Siddiqui, Javed Shakeel, Muhammad Rizwan Qureshi, Abdur Rehman alias Bhola, Asghar Baig and Majid Baig. The Sindh government had requested the federal government to place the names of accused in the ECL after a Joint Interrogation Team (JIT) report was made public for their alleged involvement in the Baldia factory fire, which claimed 259 lives.
Talking to reporters at the CM House on Thursday, Sindh IGP Ghulam Haider Jamali said the JIT would include senior officials of the Federal Investigation Agency and Rangers, while the police will be represented by AIG Crime Khadim Bhatti and DIG Mushtaq Mahar. He said the provincial home department will issue a notification for the constitution of the JIT soon.
Jamali said Rizwan Qureshi, who had disclosed details pertaining to the Baldia fire tragedy, had been released on bail and was not in the custody of the police. However, he was not sure whether the accused was still alive or present in the country.
The interior ministry on Thursday placed the names of six accused of the Baldia factory fire in the Exit Control List (ECL) on Thursday to prevent them from fleeing the country.
The accused are Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s Karachi Tanzeemi Committee’s (KTC) former incharge Hammad Siddiqui, Javed Shakeel, Muhammad Rizwan Qureshi, Abdur Rehman alias Bhola, Asghar Baig and Majid Baig. The Sindh government had requested the federal government to place the names of accused in the ECL after a Joint Interrogation Team (JIT) report was made public for their alleged involvement in the Baldia factory fire, which claimed 259 lives.
Talking to reporters at the CM House on Thursday, Sindh IGP Ghulam Haider Jamali said the JIT would include senior officials of the Federal Investigation Agency and Rangers, while the police will be represented by AIG Crime Khadim Bhatti and DIG Mushtaq Mahar. He said the provincial home department will issue a notification for the constitution of the JIT soon.
Jamali said Rizwan Qureshi, who had disclosed details pertaining to the Baldia fire tragedy, had been released on bail and was not in the custody of the police. However, he was not sure whether the accused was still alive or present in the country.
-
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody