CJ chairs meeting on Covid-19 preventive measures
ISLAMABAD: Supreme Court Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed chaired a meeting Wednesday regarding preventive measures for Covid-19. The meeting was attended by other four judges including Justice Umar Ata Bandial, Justice Mazhar Alam Khan Miankhel, Justice Sajjad Ali Shah and Justice Qazi Muhammad Amin Ahmed, Khalid Jawed Khan Attorney General for Pakistan, PM’s Adviser on Health Dr Zafar Mirza, PM’s adviser Dr Sania Nishtar, NDMA Chairman Lt-Gen Muhammad Afzal, Health Secretary Dr Tanvir Ahmed Qureshi, Ali Raza Bhutta secretary Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Division, Yousaf Khan secretary BISP, health director general and Hazma Shafqat deputy commissioner Islamabad.
Kh Daud Ahmad Registrar Supreme Court also attended the meeting.
At the very outset of the meeting, the chief justice raised the issues regarding closure of OPDs, testing capacity of coronavirus, safety of doctors, paramedical staff, vision of quarantine and steps taken so far by the government functionaries.
Dr Zafar Mirza briefed the participants about the current statistics and response of the government at federal and provincial levels and World Health Organisation (WHO) protocols.
He also informed about the preventive and precautionary measures taken so far by the government at all levels to fight this pandemic. He also shared the future roadmap to tackle the issue.
He informed that emergencies in all hospitals are open round-the- clock. Private hospitals have not been restricted to operate during lockdown. They can operate after fulfilling health protocols as suggested by WHO.
Passengers coming from foreign countries are being quarantined as per WHO protocols.
Moreover, health staff is being trained on daily basis to enhance capabilities.
NDMA chairman briefed about the procurement, availability of PPEs, ventilators, masks and other essential items, process of disbursement to all hospitals marked for preventing Covid-19 with the help of armed personnel.
He also informed that more laboratories are being made to enhance testing capacity.
Dr Sania Nishtar briefed the meeting that due to outbreak of deadly virus, the economic activities were at standstill, people were jobless.
The government has initiated programme to help the 12 million families under Ehsaas Programme through which Rs12,000 to each family (one-time payment) are being disbursed to the poor, deserving and jobless people earmarked through Nadra software and already available record of BISP. The amount will be disbursed after biometric verification.
Health protocols and preventive measures to control outbreak of Covid-19 at the places of disbursement will also be taken care of.
The chief justice thanked the government functionaries for detailed briefing on the important issues, and wished them good luck.
He said he is hopeful that the government functionaries will work hard in achieving success in this emergency situation.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'