Quetta video leak: Police unable to recover missing girls
QUETTA: The missing girls in the leaked video case that surfaced Friday could not be recovered yet, police said Sunday while sharing the development in the investigation of the case, Geo News reported.
Police on Friday had arrested two men for allegedly forcing women to record inappropriate videos and later sharing them on social media. Both suspects, who are said to be brothers, were arrested after police launched a probe into the incident.
Per a statement issued by the police, the missing girls' mother, who is one of the complainants of the case, has also disappeared from the scenario, adding that they are trying to contact her.
Police added that both the missing girls are in Afghanistan and efforts for their recovery are underway. Stating the details of the case, the police said that two complaints had been filed to report the leaked video at the Qaidabad Police Station in Quetta.
The first complaint was lodged by the missing girls' mother, while the other was lodged by another victim. Meanwhile, the Balochistan home minister said that the government is in contact with the Afghan authorities for the return of the missing girls.
Following the arrest, the suspects were remanded into police custody for 14 days for interrogation. Initial investigation into the incident revealed that the suspects lured women with jobs but later forced them to record inappropriate videos, police said.
The police further added that they have confiscated mobile phones, videos, USBs, and other devices containing the videos from the suspects and have sent them for forensic analysis. The Federal Investigation Agency's cybercrime cell has also been contacted for assistance, police said.
Meanwhile, an investigation team — headed by SSP Operations Abdul Haq — has been formed to investigate the case. Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo took notice of the incident and ordered strict action against the culprits. "The culprits will be brought to justice," the chief minister vowed.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals