Police fail to arrest robbers as victims await recovery of millions
Islamabad: The residents of the federal capital still await recovery of their millions of rupees as the Islamabad Police is dilly-dallying to arrest the robbers who looted them in multiple incidents on their way from banks.
Moving from pillar to post, the victims have been left just to hear the false hopes from the police officers.
On September 23, 2020, the robbers had looted Rs800,000 from Ishtiaq Ahmed, a senior reporter of Federal Capital outside his residence in sector I-8/1 after he drove from a bank in I-8 Markaz.
Ishtiaq Ahmed said despite the passage of over a year, the police claimed to have arrested only an accused who, too, died in the custody, which the victims believe had raised even more doubts.
He said I-9 police informed in January this year that arrest warrants of two accused had been obtained and efforts for their arrest were underway.
Exactly 11 months after in November, he again got the same reply with no substantial progress.
Muhammad Arshad, who was looted of Rs1 million, after he arrived from an F-10 bank at his residence in G-9 on September 10, 2020, is also awaiting any action by the police.
“I also raised the issue during online Katchery of IG Police. Later they called me to the Police Lines and apprised me of their performance. But my only concern is the recovery of my money,” he told this agency.
Nasreen, whom the robbers deprived of Rs1 million outside her residence in I-9 on February 8, 2021, is also losing hope of any positive development.
“We are getting no response. We approached the DIG Police office but were not given time to meet him.
Once they arrested a guy and called us for identification. Police were insisting us to confirm him despite our refusals as he was shorter than the one who looted us,” said her sister Tasnim who accompanied the applicant at the time of the incident.
All three above said victims were robbed on their return from Standard Chartered Bank two from the I-8 branch and one from the F-10 branch.
Another victim Aatif Ijaz, whom the robbers looted Rs1.5 million at gunpoint in I-8 Markaz on September 30, 2020, also expressed his utmost dissatisfaction over the police’s performance.
What to talk of recovery, they never contacted me for any development or regarding any query, he added.
-
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps