close
Wednesday December 08, 2021

Fire erupts in Metro bus: GM says spark in AC wire cause of fire

June 25, 2021

LAHORE: A metro bus got damaged when a fire erupted in it due to a short circuit near Minar-e-Pakistan on Thursday. The passengers jumped out of the vehicle to save their lives. The bus service remained suspended for sometime. The incident occurred when a fleet of buses was heading for Shahdara, said Uzair Shah General Manager Operation Punjab Mass Transit Authority (PMSA).

On information, the Rescue 1122 teams reached the spot and extinguished the fire. However, no casualty was reported in the incident, said Uzair Shah. Uzair told that a preliminary report suggested that the incident took place due to a spark in a wire of air conditioner installed at the bus.