Board exams to be of two hours this year
Saeed Ghani says the Covid-19 situation in Sindh at present was not under control
The duration of examinations of ninth till twelfth grades, which will be held in July in Sindh this year, will be two hours instead of three hours. Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani announced this as he addressed a press conference at the Sindh Assembly’s media corner on Friday.
He explained that as decided earlier in the inter-provincial education ministers' meeting, examinations will only be held for optional subjects this year, and their duration will be two hours.
Owing to the Covid-19 pandemic last year, students were promoted to next classes without exams, but this year all the provinces have unanimously decided that pupils won’t be considered pass without exams.
Ghani said that the Covid-19 situation in Sindh at present was not under control, due to which it was yet to be decided when the schools would be reopened. The government would open educational institutions gradually and step by step, he added.
The education minister also announced that the pattern of questions in the examinations would also be different this year as each examination would contain 50 per cent multiple-choice questions, 30 per cent short questions and 20 per cent long questions. In response to a query, Ghani said the government had tried to resolve the problems being faced by the stakeholders of the education sector. Last year, parents didn’t pay tuition fee, he said, adding that the situation was different in the current year.
-
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful' -
Gemma Chan Reflects On 'difficult Subject Matter' Portrayed In 'Josephine' -
Blood Falls In Antarctica? What Causes The Mysterious Red Waterfall Hidden In Ice -
AI Power Play: Nvidia Moves To Invest $30 Billion In OpenAI -
Will Savannah Guthrie Ever Return To 'Today' Show? Here's What Insiders Predict -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor In A Fix Over New Disturbing TMZ Photos