IGP told to ensure appearance of SHOs in court
Karachi The Sindh High Court on Saturday directed the Sindh inspector general of police (IGP) to ensure the appearance of the SHOs concerned in cases pertaining to missing persons. Hearing a petition of Abdul Ghaffar Khan against the detention of Rehan by personnel of police and otjher law-enforcement agencies from
By our correspondents
October 18, 2015
Karachi
The Sindh High Court on Saturday directed the Sindh inspector general of police (IGP) to ensure the appearance of the SHOs concerned in cases pertaining to missing persons.
Hearing a petition of Abdul Ghaffar Khan against the detention of Rehan by personnel of police and otjher law-enforcement agencies from Baloch Colony area, the court took notice of the absence of the Baloch Colony SHO at the hearing, and observed that it had been noticed in several cases that the SHOs of the relevant police stations were not appearing in court even though notices had been issued to them.
The court directed the IGP to ensure that the SHOs make themselves present for the relevant hearings and issued instructions in this regard to the department concerned. For the case being heard, the court issued bailable arrest warrants against the Baloch Colony SHO with directions to appear at the next hearing along with the relevant record.
The court also issued notices to federal and provincial law officers on a petition against alleged detention of citizens by the personnel of law-enforcement agencies.
The petitioners submitted that Tahir Rasool Qureshi, Syed Tahir Hussain Shah, Fahad Hussain, Manzoor Alam, Syed Mustafa Hasan, Jehanzaib Ali had been picked up by law- enforcement
personnel during raids conducted in Model Colony, Korangi, Orangi Town, Surjani Town and Shah Faisal Colony areas.
They said the police when approached were not disclosing the whereabouts of those being held in detention. The petitioners requested the court to order the police to produce the detainees in court and provide details of the cases, if any, against them.
The court directed the provincial and federal law officers, police and Rangers to file their comments on the petitions within two weeks.
The Sindh High Court on Saturday directed the Sindh inspector general of police (IGP) to ensure the appearance of the SHOs concerned in cases pertaining to missing persons.
Hearing a petition of Abdul Ghaffar Khan against the detention of Rehan by personnel of police and otjher law-enforcement agencies from Baloch Colony area, the court took notice of the absence of the Baloch Colony SHO at the hearing, and observed that it had been noticed in several cases that the SHOs of the relevant police stations were not appearing in court even though notices had been issued to them.
The court directed the IGP to ensure that the SHOs make themselves present for the relevant hearings and issued instructions in this regard to the department concerned. For the case being heard, the court issued bailable arrest warrants against the Baloch Colony SHO with directions to appear at the next hearing along with the relevant record.
The court also issued notices to federal and provincial law officers on a petition against alleged detention of citizens by the personnel of law-enforcement agencies.
The petitioners submitted that Tahir Rasool Qureshi, Syed Tahir Hussain Shah, Fahad Hussain, Manzoor Alam, Syed Mustafa Hasan, Jehanzaib Ali had been picked up by law- enforcement
personnel during raids conducted in Model Colony, Korangi, Orangi Town, Surjani Town and Shah Faisal Colony areas.
They said the police when approached were not disclosing the whereabouts of those being held in detention. The petitioners requested the court to order the police to produce the detainees in court and provide details of the cases, if any, against them.
The court directed the provincial and federal law officers, police and Rangers to file their comments on the petitions within two weeks.
-
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France