NAB re-summons Shahbaz after ‘adequate’ virus steps
LAHORE: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has re-summoned Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President and Leader of Opposition in the National Assembly Shahbaz Sharif on April 22 in assets beyond means case.
According to details, the NAB has re-summoned Shahbaz while assuring him of adequate precautionary measures at the bureau office against coronavirus. The summon states that inquiry in assets beyond means case is in last phase and questioning Shahbaz is very important.
The PML-N president has been asked to appear before the NAB investigation team at 12pm on Wednesday with protective measures amid coronavirus pandemic.
It also says the investigation team will ask questions from the opposition leader while maintaining social distancing.
It is worth mentioning here that Shahbaz had asked the NAB on Friday to grant him an extension for his appearance, stating that medical professionals had advised him to restrict his movements due to life threatening risks associated with Covid-19 as he was a cancer survivor.
The NAB had summoned Shahbaz on Friday asking him to furnish complete details of his foreign assets and other businesses in a money laundering case.
The bureau says it sent multiple call-up notices along with questionnaires to the PML-N leader but his replies were found “unsatisfactory, incomplete and evasive”.
Shahbaz was also asked to provide complete details of his business income as claimed before the Federal Board of Revenue along with investment and its volume and expenditures incurred during the period when his Model Town residence was declared as the chief minister house camp office.
In his reply submitted to the bureau, the PML-N chief said he had been questioned at great length about his entire career and assets while in NAB’s custody on physical remand and furnished whatever information was sought and was available. Commenting on his reason for not appearing, the PML-N president said: “I am a 69-year-old cancer survivor due to which I have low immunity. Medical professionals have advised me to restrict movement and limit exposure due to life threatening risks associated with Covid-19.” He added that the data required by the NAB was also unavailable due to the lockdown.
-
Michael B. Jordan Gives Credit To 'All My Children' For Shaping His Career: 'That Was My Education' -
Sun Appears Spotless For First Time In Four Years, Scientists Report -
Bella Hadid Opens Up About 'invisible Illness' -
Lawyer Of Epstein Victims Speaks Out Directly To King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton -
Microsoft CEO Shares How Gates Doubted $1bn OpenAI Investment -
Milo Ventimiglia Calls Fatherhood 'pretty Wild Experience' As He Expects Second Baby With Wife Jarah Mariano -
Chinese Scientists Unveil Advanced AI Model To Support Deep-space Exploration -
Anthropic’s New AI Tool Wipes Billions Off Cybersecurity Stocks -
Trump Announces He Is Sending A Hospital Ship To Greenland Amid Rising Diplomatic Tensions -
'Never Have I Ever' Star Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Lifts The Lid On How She Avoids Drama At Coffee Shops Due To Her Name -
Inside Prince William’s Plans For Prince Harry: What Will Happen To Duke Once He’s King -
Chyler Leigh Pays Moving Homage To 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane: 'He Was Amazing' -
Did You Know Tech CEOs Limit Screen Time For Their Own Kids? -
Matthew Lillard Admits Fashion Trends Are Not His 'forte' -
SpaceX Launches Another Batch Of Satellites From Cape Canaveral During Late-night Mission On Saturday -
Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Get Pulled Into Parents’ Epstein Row: ‘At Least Stop Clinging!’