Police remand of alleged abductors of Bisma and Dua extended
The administrative judge of anti-terrorism courts on Wednesday extended the remand of two suspects in the custody of police for investigations into the kidnappings of Bisma Saleem and Dua Mangi.
The judge sent Zohaib Qureshi and Muzaffar on physical remand till March 31, seeking a progress report from the investigation officer (IO) as well as ordering the police to arrest the absconding suspects and present them on the next hearing. The suspects were remanded in cases pertaining to kidnappings, attacking and injuring a person during an encounter, and possessing illicit weapons.
Additional Inspector General of Police (addl IGP) Ghulam Nabi Memon had made the announcement on March 18 about the arrests of the kidnappers of Bisma and Dua, who were abducted in May and November last year respectively from the Defence area within the jurisdiction of the Darakhshan police station, and were released later after ransoms were paid.
Memon said the kidnapping cases had been a major challenge for all the relevant law enforcement and intelligence security agencies. He said the culprits still at large included a dismissed assistant sub-inspector of police, Agha Mansoor, and his accomplices Shakeel and Kamran, alias Kami.
Their ringleader was Mansoor who had provided his accomplices with SIM cards and other relevant assistance, he added. Memon said the detained suspects had told the police that the plan to kidnap Bisma and Dua had been made by Mansoor, who had also rented a flat in Clifton Block 2 where both the abducted girls were kept until they were released after the payment of ransoms.
He said the suspects also admitted to trying to avoid being tracked down by using technical apparatus, including social networking apps. The addl IGP said they would also request the Sindh government to announce awarding Rs5 million as head money for the culprits who were still at large.
He said the detained suspects were habitual criminals who were earlier also involved in vehicle lifting and other kidnappings. A few months ago, their gang was involved in a shoot-out with the police in District East within the jurisdiction of the Aziz Bhatti police station but they managed to escape, leaving a police constable injured.
-
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff