Court bans Indian film display
LAHORETHE Lahore High Court on Thursday temporarily banned exhibition of upcoming Indian film “Phantom” in Pakistan and directed the federal government to ensure enforcement ban.Justice Shahid Bilal Hassan issued an interim stay order on a petition filed by Jamatud Dawa (Jud) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed against the film.Advocate A.K Dogar
By our correspondents
August 21, 2015
LAHORE
THE Lahore High Court on Thursday temporarily banned exhibition of upcoming Indian film “Phantom” in Pakistan and directed the federal government to ensure enforcement ban.
Justice Shahid Bilal Hassan issued an interim stay order on a petition filed by Jamatud Dawa (Jud) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed against the film.Advocate A.K Dogar argued on behalf of the petitioner that the film contained venomous material against Pakistan and JuD. He said apparently 2008 Mumbai attacks and issues of global terrorism have been depicted in the film. However, he said, a filthy propaganda had been launched in the film against Pakistan on the pretext of world terrorism. The movie would be released on August 28. A federal law officer appeared before the court on behalf of ministry of information and broadcasting and explained that grant of permission for exhibition to imported films including those containing Indian cast and crew fell within the ambit of Central Board of Film Censors (CBFC). He said such matters were also referred to commerce division for import authorisation. However, before issuing censorship certificate it was ensured that the imported film was not against the ideology or interest of Pakistan, he added. The law officer told the court that the ministry of commerce had not issued any import authorisation in favour of the film “Phantom”. He said the film in question had not been presented for the censorship certificate to the CBFC. The judge directed the government to ensure ban on the exhibition of the film in cinemas and also on cable network.
THE Lahore High Court on Thursday temporarily banned exhibition of upcoming Indian film “Phantom” in Pakistan and directed the federal government to ensure enforcement ban.
Justice Shahid Bilal Hassan issued an interim stay order on a petition filed by Jamatud Dawa (Jud) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed against the film.Advocate A.K Dogar argued on behalf of the petitioner that the film contained venomous material against Pakistan and JuD. He said apparently 2008 Mumbai attacks and issues of global terrorism have been depicted in the film. However, he said, a filthy propaganda had been launched in the film against Pakistan on the pretext of world terrorism. The movie would be released on August 28. A federal law officer appeared before the court on behalf of ministry of information and broadcasting and explained that grant of permission for exhibition to imported films including those containing Indian cast and crew fell within the ambit of Central Board of Film Censors (CBFC). He said such matters were also referred to commerce division for import authorisation. However, before issuing censorship certificate it was ensured that the imported film was not against the ideology or interest of Pakistan, he added. The law officer told the court that the ministry of commerce had not issued any import authorisation in favour of the film “Phantom”. He said the film in question had not been presented for the censorship certificate to the CBFC. The judge directed the government to ensure ban on the exhibition of the film in cinemas and also on cable network.
-
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage