Nandipur project case: Court again reserves verdict on Babar Awan’s acquittal plea
ISLAMABAD: Accountability Court on Wednesday once again has reserved its verdict on the acquittal plea of former law minister Dr Babar Awan in Nandipur Power Project case.
The court has set 25th February to announce its verdict on acquittal petition of Dr Babar Awan. Accountability Court Judge Arshad Malik resumed the hearing of the acquittal of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Dr Babar Awan.
The judge while giving his remarks said that he has to review the record and after that he will announce verdict. Judge Arshad Malik remarked that it has been established that Nandipur project was delayed. Now the court has to see that this delay was caused because of the former law minister Dr Babar Awan or not.
To this Babar Awan said if delay is crime then there is need to make some changes in
our law. Accountability Court judge also asked the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) as to what will happen to rest of the suspects if Babar Awan was acquitted.
The NAB prosecutor responded that others would also want the same treatment. During hearing, Dr Awan informed the court that he was not the law minister when two summaries had been sent to the Ministry of Law. “The new law minister did not even grant an approval after I left. Approvals are the Law Secretary’s responsibility and not the minister’s.”
He accepted that the Nandipur project was not completed but alleged that a corruption reference was initiated against him selectively. Relaying his arguments to the court, the NAB prosecutor informed that the Rehmat Hussain Jafri Commission’s report is present. “The law minister did issue one form that was required. The entire blame is on the incompetency level of the law ministry during Dr Awan’s tenure.” To this Judge Malik had remarked that this is such a small issue. After reserving its verdict the court adjourned hearing.
-
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals -
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's Emotional Collapse After Epstein Fallout -
Bad Bunny's Star Power Explodes Tourism Searches For His Hometown -
Jennifer Aniston Gives Peek Into Love Life With Cryptic Snap Of Jim Curtis -
Prince Harry Turns Diana Into Content: ‘It Would Have Appalled Her To Be Repackaged For Profit’ -
Prince William's Love For His Three Children Revealed During Family Crisis -
Murder Suspect Kills Himself After Woman Found Dead In Missouri -
Sarah Ferguson's Plea To Jeffrey Epstein Exposed In New Files -
Prince William Prepares For War Against Prince Harry: Nothing Is Off The Table Not Legal Ways Or His Influence -
'How To Get Away With Murder' Star Karla Souza Is Still Friends With THIS Costar -
Pal Reveals Prince William’s ‘disorienting’ Turmoil Over Kate’s Cancer: ‘You Saw In His Eyes & The Way He Held Himself’ -
Poll Reveals Majority Of Americans' Views On Bad Bunny