England bowler Roland-Jones ruled out for season
LONDON: England and Middlesex seamer Toby Roland-Jones has been ruled out for the rest of the 2018 season after suffering a recurrence of a stress fracture to his back, the county announced on Thursday.
The 30-year-old made an impressive start to his international career last year, taking 17 wickets in four Tests against South Africa and the West Indies at an average of 19.64.Roland-Jones suffered soreness in his back during the recent game at Derbyshire, which ruled him out of bowling in the second half of the match. Scans confirmed a recurrence of the stress fracture he suffered in September.
“Everybody at the club is devastated for Toby and our immediate thoughts are with him, and that he makes a full recovery,” said Middlesex managing director of cricket Angus Fraser.“I know how frustrating it can be to miss a summer of cricket through injury, having been through this myself on two occasions. The ray of light is that you do recover and you do come back stronger and even more determined.”
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals