Two accused of murdering teenager at Sea View sent on judicial remand
The two men accused in the murder of Zafir Zuberi, the teenager who was killed in a road rage incident at Sea View earlier this month, have been sent to prison on judicial remand.
The suspects, Khawar Burney and his security guard Abdur Rehman, recorded their confessional statements in court on Saturday under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Court where they admitted that they were responsible for Zuberi’s death. They claimed that they were firing at the tyres of the car Zuberi and his friends were in but the bullets ended up hitting the passengers.
The investigation officer (IO) told the court that three companions of the two accused were still at large, while another vehicle had been seized.
The incident occurred on the morning of December 3 when Zuberi and his friends were speeding along Sea View Road and hit a motorcyclist.
Instead of stopping the car, the driver sped away but the injured motorcyclist’s friends chased them in a Toyota Vigo and opened fire, killing 18-year-old Zuberi and injuring one of his friends.
In a rare feat, police had managed to find and arrest the shooter within eight hours.
Javed Akbar Riaz, the senior superintendent of police (SSP) for District South, told The News at the time that they pulled up footage from CCTV cameras in the vicinity and found that the Vigo had the word ‘Burney’ emblazoned on its rear windshield. They tracked the vehicle through more CCTV footage and ultimately found it parked at ‘Burney House’ on Khalid Bin Waleed Road.
Meanwhile, the additional district and sessions judge (Malir) Mushtaq Leghari handed down a life imprisonment sentence and a fine of Rs100,000 to a man convicted of murder.
Sher Ali was sentenced for murdering his factory supervisor Abdul Khaliq in May 2016 within the limits of Bin Qasim police station. The court observed that Ali had opened fire at his supervisor over a petty matter and that he was liable to be given a lifelong prison sentence.
-
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage