close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
 
February 20, 2015

Names of Baldia factory fire suspects put on ECL

Karachi

 
February 20, 2015

Karachi
The interior ministry on Thursday placed the names of six accused of the Baldia factory fire in the Exit Control List (ECL) on Thursday to prevent them from fleeing the country.
The accused are Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s Karachi Tanzeemi Committee’s (KTC) former incharge Hammad Siddiqui, Javed Shakeel, Muhammad Rizwan Qureshi, Abdur Rehman alias Bhola, Asghar Baig and Majid Baig. The Sindh government had requested the federal government to place the names of accused in the ECL after a Joint Interrogation Team (JIT) report was made public for their alleged involvement in the Baldia factory fire, which claimed 259 lives.
Talking to reporters at the CM House on Thursday, Sindh IGP Ghulam Haider Jamali said the JIT would include senior officials of the Federal Investigation Agency and Rangers, while the police will be represented by AIG Crime Khadim Bhatti and DIG Mushtaq Mahar. He said the provincial home department will issue a notification for the constitution of the JIT soon.
Jamali said Rizwan Qureshi, who had disclosed details pertaining to the Baldia fire tragedy, had been released on bail and was not in the custody of the police. However, he was not sure whether the accused was still alive or present in the country.