close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
 
January 22, 2015

‘Rs2b spent on campuses security’

Lahore

 
January 22, 2015

LAHORE
PROVINCIAL Minister for Food Bilal Yasin has said that a sum of two billion rupees has been spent by the government so far on the security arrangements of educational institutions in the province.
During surprise visits to APWA College for Women, Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore College for Women University and National College of Arts on Wednesday, he said the protection of children is being given top priority and teachers and students of educational institutions are also being imparted training regarding security measures.
The minister expressed satisfaction over the security arrangements in women colleges and said there was also need for providing training to students in dealing with the possible terrorist activities.
He said over 70 percent security arrangements had been completed whereas special attention was being paid to the security of educational institutions set up in the congested areas. He directed that indiscriminate action should be taken against educational institutions which had not taken security measures so far.
He said that students were a asset of the nation and their safety was our collective responsibility. He warned that no negligence would be tolerated in this regard.

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus