SHC summons Malir Cantt board official over housing project plan
The Sindh High Court directed the Cantonment Board Malir’s directorate official to appear in person and submit a report on the non-approval of the Revenue Judicial Housing Society project.
The directives came on petitions filed by the Revenue Judicial Housing Society allottees who had challenged non-approval of their housing plan by the cantonment board. They submitted that the cantonment board authorities were not approving their housing plan even though they had fulfilled all codal formalities.
The cantonment board’s counsel submitted that case of the petitioners was approved by the board but some objections had been raised by the directorate concerned over which the matter could not be finalised. To a court query about the objections, the counsel for the respondent said he was not in a position to disclose the objections raised by the directorate. He said that official concerned could not appear before the court because of some professional preoccupation in Islamabad.
The court directed the officer concerned to appear in person along with a complete report regarding the objections raised by the directorate. The court clarified that if the cantonment board official did not appear or did not file the report, non-bailable warrants would be issued against him. The court adjourned the hearing till November 4.
Notice to the SBCA
The SHC restrained private builders from raising any construction in violation of the approved building plan and relevant rules and regulation on a petition against unauthorised constructions in FB Area.
Petitioner Mohammad Farooq and others submitted that an unauthorised construction had been raised on residential plots R-1256 and R-1273 in Block-15 of FB Area wherein the private respondents with the help of the influential facilitators of the locality, who were involved in the business of illegal constructions and sale of floor-wise property to purchasers.
They submitted that the private respondents were being protected by the official respondents. They said that private builders were raising a construction on residential plots for selling separate floors on commercial basis without the approval of the Sindh Building Control Authority.
The court was requested to direct the SBCA to demolish the illegal construction and restrain the authority from issuing any site plan and NOC to the private respondents. The court issuing a notice to the advocate general Sindh, the SBCA and others appointed the Nazir as a commissioner to inspect the construction and submit a report.
-
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France -
Brooklyn Beckham Makes This Promise To Nicola Peltz Amid Family Feud -
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Maya Hawke Marries Christian Lee Hutson In New York Ceremony -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports