Court withdraws stay order in favour of 4 missing brothers
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) has withdrawn the stay order previously issued in favour of four missing brothers from the Alkozai family, who had disappeared from the posh Hayatabad area of Peshawar. The court also adjourned further hearings in the case until April 21.
The case was heard by a two-member bench comprising Justice Syed Arshad Ali and Justice Dr Khurshid Iqbal.During the proceedings, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Advocate General Shah Faisal Utmankhel and Additional Attorney General Sanaullah appeared before the court. In the writ petition, Advocate Muazzam Butt argued that last year, four members of the Alkozai family-Usman Khan, Muhammad Nasir, Abdul Waris, and Zahir-were forcibly taken from their home in Hayatabad by armed men.
He said the CCTV footage of the incident was available, showing that the perpetrators were in uniform. However, the police denied any involvement in the matter.Despite the passage of significant time, the whereabouts of the missing individuals remain unknown. A Joint Investigation Team was also formed for their recovery, but it yielded no results.
Meanwhile, their CNICs were blocked by NADRA because they were citizens of neighboring Afghanistan. The additional attorney general informed the court that the petitioner was an Afghan national, and NADRA had verified this. He added that the family had already moved to Afghanistan, and a report documenting this relocation was available.
Shah Faisal Utmankhel told the court that they had submitted supplementary applications seeking the dismissal of the case.NADRA’s Deputy Director Abdul Rauf stated that the court’s previous stay order had prevented them from taking any action under the NADRA laws, including the blocking of CNICs and related measures. In light of this, he requested the withdrawal of the stay order. The court accepted the request and adjourned the hearing until April 21.
-
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps