Admin issued notice against restrictions on lawyers’ entry to Cantt
PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court (PHC) on Tuesday issued a notice to the Cantonment administration and sought a response regarding a petition challenging the restrictions on lawyers’ entry into Peshawar Cantonment without stickers on their vehicles.
A two-member bench comprising Justice Sahibzada Asadullah and Justice Aurangzeb heard the petition.The petitioner’s lawyer Aminur Rehman informed the court that the Peshawar Cantonment Board administration had imposed restrictions on lawyers entering the cantonment limits without a cantonment sticker which, he pleaded, was illegal and unconstitutional.
He argued that several courts operate within Peshawar Cantonment, and lawyers frequently appear there to pursue cases. Such restrictions, he said, would hinder the provision of justice.The lawyer contended that thousands of lawyers were registered in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, including over 6,000 in the Peshawar High Court alone, who regularly travel within the cantonment area for legal proceedings.
He said that such measures were unlawful and violated constitutional fundamental rights. “Lawyers have always upheld the rule of law and constitutional supremacy, and they are not involved in any illegal activities. The restriction imposed by the cantonment administration contradicts legal provisions, as freedom of movement is a fundamental constitutional right,” he argued, seeking the court’s directives to annul this restriction.
During the hearing, Justice Sahibzada Asadullah asked the petitioner’s lawyer from whom the court should seek a response. The lawyer said that following the petition’s filing, discussions had taken place between the Peshawar High Court Bar Association and the cantonment administration.
Justice Sahibzada Asadullah remarked that it was good that discussions had been held, as a resolution could be reached. He suggested summoning the president of the High Court Bar Association, Fida Gul, and obtaining a response within four days.The court then issued a notice to the cantonment administration, seeking a reply within four days and adjourned the hearing.
-
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals -
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's Emotional Collapse After Epstein Fallout -
Bad Bunny's Star Power Explodes Tourism Searches For His Hometown -
Jennifer Aniston Gives Peek Into Love Life With Cryptic Snap Of Jim Curtis -
Prince Harry Turns Diana Into Content: ‘It Would Have Appalled Her To Be Repackaged For Profit’ -
Prince William's Love For His Three Children Revealed During Family Crisis