Demolition of bunkers continues in Kurram
PARACHINAR: The demolition of bunkers in Kurram district is underway as more bunkers in Khar Killay and Balishkhel areas were dismantled on Tuesday.
According to Upper Kurram Assistant Commissioner Afrasiab Zubair, the operation to remove bunkers in Khar Killay and Balishkhel had been expanded and will cover all affected areas.
He stated that police forces, district administration, tribal elders, and members of the Grand Jirga were present to oversee the process.
Meanwhile, speaking to reporters, Member National Assembly (MNA) Hamid Hussain said that only 23 trucks of supplies were sent for a population of hundreds of thousands which was insufficient. He urged the government to provide aid to the people to fulfill their needs.
The MNA expressed concern about the plight of the local population, which has been trapped in the area for over three and a half months. “Four to five lakh people are confined here, and after such a long wait, providing just 23 trucks of supplies is insufficient. The government must ensure the provision of food, medicine, gas, and fuel in line with the population’s needs,” he said.
Social activist Mir Afzal Khan said that many patients, including children, died due to inadequate medical facilities. He said that patients suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases were facing problems. Tanveer Hussain and Israr Bangash, residents of Parachinar said, the prices of essential items and vegetables had gone up due to the short supply.
Meanwhile, local traders attributed the soaring prices to the delays in transportation. “Trucks loaded with goods were stuck for days waiting for the convoy. We had to pay five times the usual transportation charges, and perishable goods rotted during the delay,” said a trader.
-
Sarah Ferguson Has ‘no Remorse’ Over Jeffrey Epstein Friendship -
A$AP Rocky Throws Rihanna Surprise Birthday Dinner On Turning 38 -
Andrew Jokes In Hold As BAFTA Welcomes Prince William -
Sam Levinson Donates $27K To Eric Dane Family Fund After Actor’s Death -
Savannah Guthrie Mother Case: Police Block Activist Mom Group Efforts To Search For Missing Nancy Over Permission Row -
Dove Cameron Calls '56 Days' Casting 'Hollywood Fever Dream' -
Prince William, Kate Middleton ‘carrying Weight’ Of Reputation In Epstein Scandal -
Timothée Chalamet Compares 'Dune: Part Three' With Iconic Films 'Interstellar', 'The Dark Knight' & 'Apocalypse Now' -
Little Mix Star Leigh-Anne Pinnock Talks About Protecting Her Children From Social Media -
Ghislaine Maxwell Is ‘fall Guy’ For Jeffrey Epstein, Claims Brother -
Timothee Chalamet Rejects Fame Linked To Kardashian Reality TV World While Dating Kylie Jenner -
Sarah Chalke Recalls Backlash To 'Roseanne' Casting -
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther'