PPP HR Cell concerned over involving citizens in false blasphemy cases
Babar said even higher officers of FIA had also acknowledged existence of such racket
ISLAMABAD: The PPP Human Rights Cell Tuesday expressed its concerns over reports that some unscrupulous elements ensnare unsuspecting innocent citizens in fabricated blasphemy cases for extortion.
According to the reports, offensive imagery overlaid with religious texts is disseminated through the social media platforms by hacking the citizens’ mobile devices and other unethical means and then using it as pretext to register false cases in collusion with unscrupulous elements in the law-enforcement agencies.
“The issue was first reported by the National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR) in its report documenting its investigation into blasphemy cases during the year October 2023 to October 2024,” said President of the Human Rights Cell Farhatullah Babar in a statement.
Babar said according to report, young men were trapped through female operatives behind pseudonyms to lure them in unethical online engagement and then file cases against them. “The report not only pointed out “disregard of due process” but also said that “arrests were often carried out by private individuals rather than law enforcement personnel. He said last year also a special report by the Additional Inspector General Police, Special Branch Punjab, Lahore, had acknowledged the existence of a suspicious gang trapping the youth.
Babar said even higher officers of the FIA had also acknowledged the existence of such a racket. An office order by the cybercrime wing circulated among all officers acknowledging that some officers had “knitted an unholy net in connivance with professional women to trap innocent citizens” warned of serious action against those involved.”
It also directed that “no raid will be conducted and no FIR will be registered without prior approval,” he said. He said the organized nature of this network was demonstrated recently when a hateful defamatory campaign was launched on the social media against Justice Muhammad Iqbal Kalhoro of SHC after the judge granted post-arrest bail to some accused implicated in such false cases.
-
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis -
Timothee Chalamet Admits He Was 'grumpy' Before Beau Kylie Jenner's Unexpected Move -
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
David, Victoria Beckham Gushes Over 'fiercely Loyal' Son Cruz On Special Day