Kamran Khan, Azhar Abbas, other senior journalists quit Bol
KARACHI: Senior journalist Kamran Khan on Saturday announced to resign from the Bol channel as its President and Editor-in-Chief.Later, Chief Executive Officer of the media group Azhar Abbas and senior anchors Asma Sherazi and Iftikhar Ahmad also announced their dissociation from the media group. Kamran Khan had earlier committed on
By our correspondents
May 24, 2015
KARACHI: Senior journalist Kamran Khan on Saturday announced to resign from the Bol channel as its President and Editor-in-Chief.
Later, Chief Executive Officer of the media group Azhar Abbas and senior anchors Asma Sherazi and Iftikhar Ahmad also announced their dissociation from the media group.
Kamran Khan had earlier committed on air that he would resign from the channel if the fake degree scandal against Axact proved to be correct.
In a tweet, Kamran Khan announced that it was impossible for him to continue with the channel and, therefore, he had decided to resign. “Charges against Axact far from proved in court but my conscience (is) not letting me (to) continue. I’ve decided to disassociate (myself) from Bol immediately,” Khan said in a post that appeared on Twitter.
Earlier, Kamran Khan had tweeted that he was discussing the situation with other senior journalists associated with Bol and would decide after reviewing the situation. Around four hours after the tweet, Kamran Khan announced to resign from the channel.
It is pertinent to mention here that the company owning the Bol channel, Axact, has been hit with a deadly fake degree scandal.
On Monday, the New York Times (NYT) broke a story claiming that Axact was involved in selling fake degrees across the globe.
Later, Chief Executive Officer of the media group Azhar Abbas and senior anchors Asma Sherazi and Iftikhar Ahmad also announced their dissociation from the media group.
Kamran Khan had earlier committed on air that he would resign from the channel if the fake degree scandal against Axact proved to be correct.
In a tweet, Kamran Khan announced that it was impossible for him to continue with the channel and, therefore, he had decided to resign. “Charges against Axact far from proved in court but my conscience (is) not letting me (to) continue. I’ve decided to disassociate (myself) from Bol immediately,” Khan said in a post that appeared on Twitter.
Earlier, Kamran Khan had tweeted that he was discussing the situation with other senior journalists associated with Bol and would decide after reviewing the situation. Around four hours after the tweet, Kamran Khan announced to resign from the channel.
It is pertinent to mention here that the company owning the Bol channel, Axact, has been hit with a deadly fake degree scandal.
On Monday, the New York Times (NYT) broke a story claiming that Axact was involved in selling fake degrees across the globe.
-
Hailey Bieber's Subtle Gesture For Eric Dane’s Family Revealed -
Moment Prince William 'broke Down' And 'apologised' To Kate Middleton -
Paul Mescal And Gracie Abrams Stun Fans, Making Their Romance Public At 2026 BAFTA -
EU Rejects Any Rise In US Tariffs After Court Ruling, Says ‘a Deal Is A Deal’ -
King Charles Congratulates Team GB Over Winter Olympics Success -
Meryl Streep Comeback In 'Mamma Mia 3' On The Cards? Studio Head Shares Promising Update -
Woman Allegedly Used ChatGPT To Plan Murders Of Two Men, Police Say -
UK Seeks ‘best Possible Deal’ With US As Tariff Threat Looms -
Andrew Arrest Fallout: Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Face Demands Over Dropping Royal Titles -
Rebecca Gayheart Breaks Silence After Eric Dane's Death -
Kate Middleton 2026 BAFTA Dress Honours Queen Elizabeth Priceless Diamonds -
Sterling K. Brown's Wife Ryan Michelle Bathe Reveals Initial Hesitation Before Taking On New Role -
BAFTA Film Awards Winners: Complete List Of Winners -
Millie Bobby Brown On Her Desire To Have A Big Brood With Husband Jake Bongiovi -
Backstreet Boys Admit Aging Changed Everything Before Shows -
Biographer Exposes Aftermath Of Meghan Markle’s Emotional Breakdown