Haj to cost Rs1.2m this year
Balloting for selection of intending pilgrims under government scheme to be conducted on Dec 06, says minister
ISLAMABAD: Minister for Religious Affairs Chaudhry Salik Hussain on Monday announced that scheduled commercial banks would receive applications under the Government’s Regular Haj Scheme from November 18 to December 03.
Giving details of Hajj Policy 2025 at a press conference here, the minister said that the balloting for selection of intending pilgrims under the government scheme would be conducted on December 06.
The federal cabinet approved the Haj Policy 2025 at its meeting which was held last week. About the Haj expenses, Chaudhry Salik Hussain said the cost for the Government Hajj Scheme for 2025 is expected to range between Rs1,075,000 to Rs1,175,000 while the additional cost for the sacrificial animal will be Rs55,000.
The minister further elaborated that under the government scheme, the traditional long stay will be of 38 to 42 days, and the short stay will be 20 to 25 days. He said each organised private Haj group must consist of at least 2,000 pilgrims as per Saudi regulations.
Regarding pilgrims residences, the minister said applicants opting for double-bed and triple-bed accommodations in Makkah would need to deposit an additional amount of Rs220,000 and Rs75,000 respectively.
He said the first installment of Haj dues, amounting to Rs200,000, must be deposited along with the Haj application under the government Haj scheme, while the second installment of Rs400,000 should be deposited within 10 days of the balloting followed by payment of remaining due between February 01 and 10.
There would be no deduction for refunds if an application is withdrawn before the last date of submission. However, there will be a deduction of Rs50,000 on refund of the first installment after the balloting. A deduction of Rs200,000 will be made if the third installment is not deposited.
The minister said no refund of the remaining amount would be made after February 10. However, in case of the applicant’s death, the deductions will not be applied. He said that the quota of 89,605 seats have been reserved each for the government and the private Haj schemes.
A quota of 30,000 seats will be allocated to the private hajj tour operators for sponsorship. He further said it is mandatory to send foreign exchange through the banking channel to participate in the sponsorship schemes.
Hussain clarified that the government’s sponsorship scheme will operate on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and would be exempted from balloting. He said the foreign exchange collected through the sponsorship scheme would be used solely for Haj-related expenses in Saudi Arabia.
-
Epstein Estate To Pay $35M To Victims In Major Class Action Settlement -
Virginia Giuffre’s Brother Speaks Directly To King Charles In An Emotional Message About Andrew -
Reddit Tests AI-powered Shopping Results In Search -
Winter Olympics 2026: Everything To Know About The USA Vs Slovakia Men’s Hockey Game Today -
'Euphoria' Star Eric Made Deliberate Decision To Go Public With His ALS Diagnosis: 'Life Isn't About Me Anymore' -
Toy Story 5 Trailer Out: Woody And Buzz Faces Digital Age -
Andrew’s Predicament Grows As Royal Lodge Lands In The Middle Of The Epstein Investigation -
Rebecca Gayheart Unveils What Actually Happened When Ex-husband Eric Dane Called Her To Reveal His ALS Diagnosis -
What We Know About Chris Cornell's Final Hours -
Scientists Uncover Surprising Link Between 2.7 Million-year-old Climate Tipping Point & Human Evolution -
NASA Takes Next Step Towards Moon Mission As Artemis II Moves To Launch Pad Operations Following Successful Fuel Test -
GTA 6 Price Leaked Online Ahead Of Rockstar Announcement -
Google AI Overviews And Mental Health: Why Experts Say It’s ‘very Dangerous’ -
Eric Dane Got Honest About His Struggle With ALS In Final Public Appearance: 'No Reason To Be In A Good Spirit' -
Prince Harry Issues A Statement For His 'incredible' WellChild Children -
5 Famous Celebrities Who Beat Cancer