Two suspects arrested for killing barbers in Gwadar
Seven barbershop staffers hailing from Punjab had been shot dead in Gwadar
QUETTA: Balochistan Home Minister Zia Ullah Langau on Friday announced that two suspects linked to the attack on the barbershop workers in Gwadar had been arrested.
Seven barbershop staffers hailing from Punjab had been shot dead and another was injured when unidentified gunmen opened fire on them while they were asleep in their residential quarters near the Gwadar Fish Harbour in the Surbandar area in the coastal town earlier this month.
“I congratulate all our institutions who fulfilled their responsibility and the government’s orders with their efforts and we have arrested two killers of the Gwadar labourers,” Langau said while addressing a press conference in Quetta.
As per the statements taken from the suspects, the minister said, they were given orders to kill any Punjabi labourer. He further stated that guns and weapons had been seized from the arrested suspects.
Langau lamented thousands of lives lost due to terrorism in the country, and that the government can’t see its people being killed anymore. He said that innocent citizens were being targeted in militant attacks, which he said were aimed at deteriorating the peace and security situation in the province. “Terrorists have nothing to do with our rights. We will go an extra mile for those speaking up for the rights of Balochistan,” Langau added.
The minister said that the federal government would reach out to the Iranian government on cross-border attacks, as the foreign ministry was holding talks over the cross-border attacks from Iran. He said that the country would not compromise its sovereignty. Meanwhile, sharing details on the arrest, Balochistan Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) Deputy Inspector General Aitzaz Goraya revealed that the two suspects were members of the proscribed terrorist outfit, Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA). He said that they were arrested from Gwadar. As per the police, the slain labourers belonged to district Khanewal and Mian Chunnu of Punjab. After the attack, the home minister had ordered an investigation into the matter, terming it “open terrorism”.
-
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession