Man seeks action against doctor for negligence

By Bureau report
January 19, 2024

PESHAWAR: A resident of Khyber district has demanded action against a doctor of a private hospital for negligence in the surgery of his daughter.

A representational image of a doctor performing a surgery. — Pexels
A representational image of a doctor performing a surgery. — Pexels

Speaking at a press conference here on Thursday, Muhammad Arif said that his 13-year old daughter required surgery for her tonsils and that Dr Qaiser conducted surgery on February 6, 2023 at the Jinnah Hospital and Medical Collage.

He said that during the surgery, the power suspension occurred, due to which Dr Qaiser cut a vein of his daughter’s neck. He said that his daughter had been on the bed for the last one year.

He said that hospital administration had assured the family that the hospital would continue free treatment of his daughter till her complete recovery. He said that the hospital sent his daughter home in November, saying that the treatment would continue at home.He said that after a few days when he took his daughter for check-up, the hospital declined an appointment with any doctor.

He has appealed to the health department and provincial government to take action against the hospital and doctor for negligence and ensure that the hospital continues treatment of the girl till her recovery.